If you were injured in an accident involving an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, you could be entitled to financial recovery for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck lawyer serving Fairfield with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can protect your rights and help you pursue recovery.
It is your right to pursue recovery from a negligent party who caused your injuries and expenses. Under Texas Civil Code § 16.003, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Please call today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Accept Many Kinds of 18-Wheeler Accidents
An accident with an enormous 18-wheeler or semi-truck is more likely to result in major injuries, greater property damage, and sadly, loss of life than an accident with a smaller and lighter automobile.
If you were injured in this type of collision, our 18-wheeler and semi-truck personal injury lawyers serving Fairfield can help you hold the liable party accountable. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, has helped many truck accident clients who were injured or disabled because of someone’s negligence.
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of these accidents involving:
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Spilled cargo accidents
- Defective tires, parts, or repairs
- Hit and run accidents
Our firm also helps people who were hurt in:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Uber and Lyft accident
We offer a free case evaluation to determine how we can help you recover damages. You deserve to know your legal options from a compassionate lawyer who is here to help.
We Are on Your Side; The Insurance Company is Not
In our experience, commercial trucking companies want to resolve an accident as quickly as possible. These businesses must carry large insurance policies, but sometimes the insurance company may try to make it difficult for you to recover damages.
If you were injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, we can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. Our 18-wheeler and semi-truck personal injury lawyers serving Fairfield can also help if you tried to recover damages with the insurance company yourself but were unsuccessful.
Please do not accept any payment from the insurance company until you have spoken to a lawyer. More often than not, the first offer from an insurance company is a lowball amount. Our negotiators and litigators will do all they can to optimize financial recovery.
How We Establish Liability
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Fairfield from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, will examine the cause of the accident and identify liable parties. Then, we establish liability by:
- Displaying that the driver owed you a duty of care to take realistic measures to avoid harming you.
- Demonstrating how this driver breached his or her duty of care for some reason (for example, driving while distracted).
- Establishing that this negligence caused your injuries.
- Showing how these injuries resulted in damages such as medical bills, lost pay, and pain and suffering.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, will pursue recovery so you have the time to recover from your injuries. Please let our lawyers help you and your family after the trauma of an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Collect Evidence to Show Liability
Your personal account of what happened just before, during, and after the accident is important information. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck lawyer serving Fairfield will examine other supporting evidence that might include:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Photos or videos of the accident scene, including pictures of your damaged vehicle, skid marks, and debris
- Input from a subject matter expert on traffic accidents or an accident reconstructionist
- Drug or alcohol test results from the other driver, previous driving infractions, and the driver’s training and driving record
It is likely that the other party will have a lawyer to protect their rights and promote their side of the story. You may recover damages in Texas even if you played a minor role in the collision. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can explain your legal options and responsibilities.
Potentially Recoverable Damages
Financial recovery in any personal injury case depends on the extent and severity of your injuries, and on your anticipated prognosis.
In general, an 18-wheeler and semi-truck personal injury lawyer serving Fairfield from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can pursue the following damages for clients in similar situations to yours:
- Ambulance and emergency room services
- Imaging tests and other diagnostics
- Doctor’s visits
- Lost pay during the time that you are recovering from your injuries
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident (for example, mileage for trips to and from your home to your doctor’s office and the pharmacy)
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Wrongful death
If your injuries leave you disabled or with a chronic medical condition, we may seek additional financial recovery for:
- Diminished earning ability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Mental anguish
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 18-wheeler trucks were involved in 107,000 accidents with injuries in 2017.
Call an 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Fairfield
You could be entitled to financial recovery if you were hurt in an accident that was not your fault.
The best way to learn more about potential financial recovery is to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation with an 18-wheeler and semi-truck personal injury lawyer serving Fairfield. Call today: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- Do You Have to File a Lawsuit to Recover Damages From an Auto Accident in Texas?
- How Many Victims Have Filed Charges Against UCLA?