Serious car accident injuries mean unexpected expenses. A car accident lawyer serving Fairfield with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can help you pursue financial recovery if another party is responsible for your injuries.
We invite you to call our firm for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Our lawyers can help you recover damages. Call today at (713) 850-8600.
You Have a Limited Time to Seek Recovery
Texas limits the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, many car accident cases are successfully resolved without going to court. All licensed drivers are required to carry auto insurance. A lawyer with our firm can file a claim against the other driver’s insurance company to help you recover accident-related damages.
The statute of limitations for a car acciden t lawsuit is two years from the date you were injured. If you lost a loved one to injuries sustained in an accident, the relevant time limit on filing a lawsuit is also two years from the date of their passing.
We want to help you pursue the financial recovery that you may be entitled to receive. Please call our firm today to find out how one of our car accident lawyers serving Fairfield can help you.
What a Car Accident Lawyer Does to Help You Recover Damages
In our experience, a reckless driver may not admit to wrongdoing or liability. Likewise, the other party’s insurance company may try to undercut your claim with delay tactics or offer a lowball settlement.
When you call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, you get the assurance of a legal team who will:
- Protect your legal rights
- Evaluate your injuries and damages
- Examine the cause of the accident
- Identify parties who may be accountable for your injuries and damages
- Secure evidence, documentation, and testimony to support your claim
- File and manage a detailed claim with the insurance carrier
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
You are not alone after a car accident. Our car accident lawyers serving Fairfield are on your side.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, Accepts All Types of Car Accident Cases
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there was a reportable motor vehicle accident every 59 seconds and an injury from a car accident every two minutes in 2017.
You should talk to a lawyer who is familiar with many types of car accidents, including:
- Head-on collisions with accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Distracted driving accidents, such as those caused when making cell phone calls
- Defective tires, auto parts, and repairs
- Rollover accidents
- Accidents involving motorcycles, bicycles, trucks, 18-wheeler and semi-trucks, buses, pedestrians, and ride-share services (such as Uber and Lyft)
We strongly advise that you delay talking to the insurance adjuster until you have a chance to meet with a member of our team. For your convenience, we can meet you at your home or the hospital.
Conditions for Liability and Negligence in a Car Accident Case
You could be entitled to financial recovery if the other party is responsible for your injuries if you can meet certain conditions to prove liability, including:
- Establishing that the driver owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid harming you.
- Showing how the driver did not uphold this duty of care (such as alcohol test results that show she was legally intoxicated), causing you harm.
- Demonstrating that your injuries left you with damages such as medical bills and pain and suffering.
If you were injured in a car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to pursue financial recovery.
Possible Recoverable Losses
Each accident is different. Your damages will depend on the extent and severity of your injuries, and if these injuries will significantly diminish your ability to work or return to your pre-accident life.
A car accident lawyer will make a careful evaluation of your injuries, prognosis, and other factors for damages that may include:
- Medical treatment (present and future)
- Lifecare costs
- Lost pay
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical, vocational, and mental therapy or other rehabilitation
- Loss of consortium, if applicable
The relationship between you and your lawyer is secure and confidential. Everything you discuss is privileged and private, so we encourage you to feel comfortable discussing your case.
After an Accident in Fairfield, TX
Your most important role after a car accident is to focus on your health and recovery. Please follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations for follow-up treatment, including taking prescription medicine, and resting.
While our firm takes care of the numerous details seeking recovery requires, there are a few simple things you can do to help your case:
- Please direct the insurance adjuster to call your lawyer; do not give a statement either in person or over the phone as it may jeopardize your claim.
- Do not agree to have the insurance company’s doctor examine you or obtain your medical records.
- Keep all bills including medical expenses, car repairs, and any out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
- Allow your lawyer to talk to your healthcare provider about your injuries and the expected prognosis.
- Do not post pictures or comments about the accident on social media.
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, is here to help you pursue recovery and justice.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, Today
You could recover damages if someone else caused the car accident. To learn more, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, for a free case evaluation with a car accident lawyer serving Fairfield at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- Seven Things to Know Before Speaking With an Insurance Adjuster
- Should I Call the Police After My Truck Accident?
- Who Pays for Your Medical Bills During the Personal Injury Claim Process?
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?