Yes, you can hire an attorney without a retainer. Sometimes this policy is referred to as “no recovery, no fee.”
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we are proud to serve personal injury clients throughout Texas who otherwise might not be able to afford legal representation. You pay no attorney’s fees unless we recover for you! For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
How a Contingency Fee Basis Works
Contingency fees are exactly that: our payment is contingent on our ability to recover for our clients. You do not need to pay a retainer for our personal injury lawyers. You pay attorney’s fees only if we successfully resolve your claim or lawsuit. There may be minimal costs for things like filing and service fees.
How a Personal Injury Law Firm Can Afford to Accept Contingency Fees
Personal injury lawyers who work on a contingency fee basis are motivated by their clients. Additionally, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has a team of lawyers and other professionals who handle various kinds of personal injury cases. We are invested in the cases we take. This allows us to focus on serving many clients in a wide variety of practice areas, some of which include:
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- 18-wheeler accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and distracted driving accidents
- Defective medical devices
- Defective prescription medications
- Sexual assault, violence, harassment, and abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Slips and falls
- Workplace and industrial accidents
- Wrongful death
What To Do if the Insurance Company Makes Me an Offer
Discuss the details of your case with a personal injury lawyer before accepting an offer from an insurance company. As a personal injury law firm, we understand that you may be facing medical bills and other related expenses. It may be tempting to accept whatever the insurance company offers. However, a hasty decision now may cost you money later.
You Can Seek Compensation for Your Injuries
We believe that if someone caused physical, mental, or financial harm through intentional or reckless actions, the injured party has the right to pursue a claim for compensation. We can help determine liability by showing:
- The person or entity had a responsibility to act in a proper or lawful manner.
- The person or entity did not act responsibly or lawfully either through intent or neglect.
- The consequence of this intentional or neglectful action caused a personal injury.
- The injured person suffers from physical, mental, or financial harm.
Kinds of Compensation Typically Awarded in a Personal Injury Case
Each case is different, but there are common factors in most personal injury claims. We can help you pursue compensation for the losses and expenses incurred as a result of your accident, which may include:
- Economic losses, such as medical bills, property damage, and lost wages.
- Noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering, decreased quality of life, and loss of companionship.
You May Not Need to Testify in a Courtroom
The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC resolves most of our personal injury cases out of court. Our first action is to investigate the potential compensation value of your case. Next, we negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company of the at-fault party. We have the resources and knowledge to seek maximum compensation based on your individual situation. However, we are trial lawyers who will litigate if we cannot obtain a satisfactory resolution.
There Is a Deadline if You Want to File a Lawsuit
sets a two-year deadline from the date of your injury for you to file a personal injury lawsuit. After that, you no longer have the legal possibility to seek compensation in court. If you accept a payment from the insurance company, you lose the right to file a lawsuit regardless of the passage of time.
You Can Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers Paying a Retainer— No Recovery, No Fee
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 today for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If Your Uber Or Lyft Driver Gets In An Accident In Texas?
- What Happens If You’re Injured by a Drunk Driver Who Has No Car Insurance in Texas?
- How Do You Know If You Have a Good Personal Injury Case?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- What Is the Value of a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Texas?