Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Recover Money for Property Damage?

Even if you did not suffer injuries in your Texas auto accident, if another driver was at fault, you can pursue compensation for auto repair expenses and other financial losses. If there are any issues determining fault or if the other driver claims they are not responsible for the wreck, you might want an attorney to recover money for your property damage.

At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our law firm can offer legal services for car owners who have to pay for car repairs after an accident. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact our law office today at 713-850-8600.

What Types of Property Damage Can I Recover After a Car Crash?

If someone else caused your accident, you might qualify for compensation for all of your related expenses and losses. These damages can include a variety of costs that many crash victims do not take into account.

The Cost of Auto Repairs

You might have to pay for some repairs out of pocket if your insurance does not cover all of your costs. If you are not at fault, you deserve compensation for these expenses.

Alternative Transportation Expenses

You might have to rent a car or pay for transportation services while your car is being repaired. These costs can add up quickly if your car needs extensive repairs.

The Diminished Value of Your Vehicle

Your car might be worth considerably less after the accident. Our legal team can help you file a diminished value claim to get compensation for this loss.

What If the Auto Insurance Does Not Cover the Auto Repairs?

All Texas residents must carry a minimum of $25,000 of liability auto insurance to cover property damage in an accident. The insurance company should cover these damages. If you drive a vehicle that is worth more than $25,000, however, this coverage might not pay for the cost of all of your repairs.

In that case, you might have to pay for the remaining repair expenses. Our car accident attorneys can file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to get compensation for these remaining costs.

How Can a Car Accident Attorney Help Me?

At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our attorneys can:

  • Establish that the other driver was at fault in the auto accident;
  • Negotiate for the maximum amount of damages possible for vehicular damage;
  • Establish the resale value of your car and factor in devaluation due to the accident if the car was totaled;
  • Help you fight for compensation for additional expenses such as car rentals, insurance deductibles, lost wages, and other damages;
  • File your claim; and
  • Prepare your case for litigation, if necessary.

We know how to build a strong, evidence-backed case that establishes the other driver’s fault and proves your right to monetary compensation. We can use proof like the police report for your car accident, your car repair estimates, receipts from the rental car company, and documentation of your lost wages to support your claim.

What If the Other Driver Did Not Have Insurance?

If you were hit by an uninsured driver in Texas, they are in violation of the state’s auto insurance requirements. However, even if they do not have coverage, you can still request compensation for your repair costs.

With no insurance coverage to claim from the other driver, you will have to file a claim with your insurance company under your Uninsured Motorist coverage. This policy should pay for your damages after a wreck with an uninsured driver. If your costs exceed your policy limits or your insurer tries to dispute your claim, our lawyers can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.

What If the Insurer Denied My Claim?

If the other driver’s insurance company tries to deny your claim, you will be responsible for repairing or replacing your vehicle. We can help you avoid this by building a strong case that establishes the facts of your case. If the insurer refuses to offer you the compensation you deserve, we can help you file a personal injury lawsuit.

Our lawyers know how to litigate this type of case in court. We can represent your best interests and ask a Judge or jury to award you the damages you deserve for your car repairs.

How Can I Get Legal Help After a Car Crash in Texas?

If your car is damaged in an auto accident, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can help you fight to recover money for your non-injury damages. Call us at 713-850-8600 to get a free, no-obligation consultation from a car accident attorney who can answer your questions.