Texas limits the time you can file a claim after a bicycle accident for two years from the date it occurred. This is the same statute of limitations for you to file a bicycle accident lawsuit. You might be eligible to recover compensation from the person at-fault’s insurance coverage. A bicycle accident lawyer in Texas can help you through the insurance claims process. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC offers free case evaluations. Call (713) 850-8600.
What You Should Know About Bicycle Accident Insurance Claims
Texas has a modified comparative negligence law. This lets you seek compensation from the person at-fault’s insurance even if you are partly responsible for the accident.
How the 51 Percent Rule Works
- If you are less than 51 percent at fault for the accident, you may still pursue a claim for your expenses and losses.
- Your claim might be reduced by the percentage of your responsibility for the accident.
The Insurance Company Is Not on Your Side
Insurance companies may try to delay the claims process to. It is better to talk to a bicycle accident lawyer who understands the insurance claims process and has your best interest in mind. You must file an insurance claim within two years. It is.
How a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Texas Can Help You
If another person is to blame for your bicycle accident, we prove his or her liability by showing the following:
- The other person, or the defendant, had a duty of care to act safely and responsibly.
- The defendant either purposefully or recklessly did not uphold this responsibility.
- The defendant’s negligence caused the accident and your injuries.
- The defendant is liable for your physical, mental, and financial damages from these injuries.
You should know that not every lawyer accepts bicycle accident cases. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC are personal injury lawyers who help the plaintiff (the injured party) recover compensation for damages. These damages include:
- Medical bills
- Lost pay
- Damaged bicycle and other private property
- Reimbursement for temporary transportation
- Pain and suffering
You Deserve a Legal Advocate
Bicycle accidents can disrupt your life with injuries and expenses. You do not have to go through the insurance claims process alone. A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you recover your losses. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident In Texas?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?
- What Is The OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Settlement?
- Can Pedestrians Be At Fault For Road Accidents In Texas?
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?