There are several ways to find a personal injury lawyer, including:
- Through word of mouth: Friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances may refer you to a personal injury lawyer.
- Through the internet: You may find attorneys, and attorney reviews, through targeted internet research.
- Through media advertisements: Many personal injury lawyers advertise on television, billboards, radio, and other media.
- Through other types of lawyers: If you’ve used a non-personal injury lawyer in the past, they may refer you to a personal injury attorney.
There may be other ways to find a personal injury lawyer. If you’re reading this, then you’ve already discovered our firm. We can help with your personal injury case.
Criteria That May Lead You to a Qualified Personal Injury Attorney
If you hope to find the right lawyer, you must know what to look for. Some criteria to consider are:
The Law Firm’s Primary Practice Areas
You have your pick of several possible law firms. It only makes sense to choose a firm that specializes in your type of case. Law firms generally advertise their practice areas on their websites. You can also ask about a firm’s primary practice areas during your consultation.
The Law Firm’s Results in Cases Like Yours
Handling a certain type of case is one thing. Actually producing results in those cases is an entirely different challenge. Personal injury firms may publish their case results on their website. Those results may tell you:
- Whether the firm has won cases similar to yours
- How much they obtained for their client
- The method by which they obtained the recovery (generally either a settlement or judgment)
Case results truly matter when you’re choosing a law firm. If a firm you’re considering doesn’t have results posted, be sure to ask about them during your consultation.
How the Firm’s Former Clients Speak of Them
Client testimonials should carry weight for those seeking an attorney. This is especially true if you can find a source for testimonials that is balanced—offering both the good and the bad. These client reviews provide unique insight into the client experience for a given law firm.
Your Own Comfort Level During the Vetting Process
As you read client reviews, view case results, and complete your free consultation, ask yourself: Would I be comfortable with this law firm representing me?
Free consultations are particularly helpful for gauging your comfort level. You’ll have the opportunity to speak with a human representative of the law firm. This will be your chance to:
- Ask any questions you have about the firm
- Bring up any concerns that you have about the firm, your specific needs, or the legal process in general
- Gauge the firm’s level of interest in your case
- Experience the firm’s client service firsthand
Make the consultation process your own. Don’t be afraid to ask any questions. You can find a personal injury lawyer that will provide honest answers to frank questions. This is the type of firm you’ll want to hire.
Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
You must determine for yourself whether you need a personal injury lawyer. Accident victims always have the option to represent themselves. But there are good reasons why many victims choose to hire a lawyer.
You may hire a personal injury lawyer because:
- You are not confident handling an insurance claim or lawsuit by yourself
- You have limited time or energy to devote to your case
- You believe a lawyer has something to offer—experience, knowledge, resources, and other assets
- You believe a lawyer provides a better opportunity for you to get a financial recovery
Whatever your reason for hiring an attorney, a lawyer from our firm can answer any questions you may have to help you decide what course of action is best for you.
What does a Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
Your personal injury lawyer will handle your case. This means different things for different clients, but may include:
- Investigating your accident
- Collecting evidence
- Gathering documentation of your losses
- Interviewing witnesses
- Identifying and valuing your losses
- Filing your case and all case-related paperwork
- Negotiating a settlement
A personal injury will also represent you in court, if your case reaches that point. Defending your rights is a key responsibility of any lawyer. In personal injury cases, protecting clients’ rights means dealing with insurance companies and other attorneys. This is yet another way that a lawyer can serve you.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
Our team is available 24/7 to answer your call. We will answer your questions and address your concerns.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today at 1 (855) PRO-LAWYERS for your free consultation.