The first action you should take after any car accident is to see your doctor. You might think that you have minor aches or bruises, but only a healthcare professional can examine you for potentially more serious problems, such as a concussion or internal bleeding.
After a medical professional has checked you, call a car accident lawyer. He or she can recommend your next step. If the car accident was not your fault, you might be entitled to compensation from the other driver’s insurance coverage. A car accident lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will explain your legal options. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
A Car Accident Lawyer Can Determine Who Is At-fault
Some people might think that if no moving violations or charges were issued against the other driver, you cannot pursue compensation. Pursuing compensation for expenses such as emergency room bills and lost pay is separate from criminal charges. Under Texas law, you have the right to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver regardless of any tickets or charges.
Four Factors Indicate Liability in a Car Accident
A car accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate your case to determine the following:
- That the driver had a duty of care to act like any reasonable, responsible person to drive safely and avoid the accident.
- The driver failed in this duty of care and caused the accident through careless or negligent actions.
- You have injuries – both physical and psychological – caused by the accident.
- These injuries have led to damages in the form of medical bills, property damage, mental anguish, and other sufferings.
Once we prove that the other driver is liable, we will move to the next step of gathering the proof we need to send an insurance claim on your behalf.
How We Show Liability and Seek Compensation for You
We have helped many car accident victims recover compensation because we know what kind of information is needed to prove your claim. A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Your own account of the accident
- Photos of the accident scene and damage to your vehicle (or arrange for them to be taken)
- Your medical bills
- Relevant traffic laws
As you can see, there are many steps involved in seeking compensation. That is why you should not delay in speaking with a car accident lawyer.
We Help Recover the Compensation You Could Be Entitled to Receive
No doubt you have unpaid bills from the hospital or your doctor. If you were severely injured, you might still be recuperating and unable to work. You should not have to pay out of pocket if you were in a car accident that was not your fault. A car accident lawyer will help you recover compensation for such expenses as:
- Medical bills, including emergency room and ongoing treatment
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Car rental or reimbursement for other transportation if you cannot drive your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death if a loved one passed away because of the accident
You Do Not Pay Attorney’s Fees Unless We Recover Compensation
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have helped injured men and women recover compensation in car accidents that were not their fault. While we cannot promise the outcome of your case, we can promise that we will get to work right away to recover available compensation. Our car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis only. You do not pay attorney’s fees unless we successfully recover compensation.
Even If You Are Slightly Responsible, You May Still Be Awarded Compensation
Texas has a modified comparative negligence law. This means you may still qualify for compensation even if you were slightly responsible for the accident. A car accident lawyer from our firm will pursue compensation from the other driver’s insurance. If we cannot negotiate an acceptable settlement, we could seek compensation through a verdict. Please keep in mind that Texas has a statute of limitations of two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
Protect Your Rights as a Car Accident Victim
If you were hurt in a car accident that was not your fault, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. You could qualify for compensation. Please call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What If I’m Injured in A Rental Car Accident in Houston?
- How Long Do Slip And Fall Injury Cases Take In Texas?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?