If you suffered injuries in an accident in Texas, you likely have a lot of expenses and losses you sustained because of the accident. These losses are your damages. Under the state’s negligence laws, you may qualify to recover medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages from the party who was at fault. A personal injury attorney can help you file a claim to pursue damages.
Why Do Personal Injury Attorneys Fight to Recover Damages?
The goal of a personal injury attorney is to pursue the recovery their client deserves after an auto accident, slip-and-fall, dog bite, or other negligence accident. Because of the accident, their client suffered damages usually in the form of medical bills, time away from work, and other expenses. Their client and their family did nothing wrong to cause their own injuries, yet they are forced to pay untold thousands of dollars because of it to cover expenses.
Recovering damages for a client should compensate them for what they spent and the time lost, as well as their pain and suffering. This is the only way allowable under the law to hold the negligent party accountable for the inconvenience and expense they caused you.
Common Damages After a Personal Injury Accident
Every case is different, and there is no way to know how much your case might be worth before a full investigation and learning more about the damages you suffered. There are many factors that go into calculating the value of a personal injury case. Contact us to find out what your damages are and why our personal injury lawyers will fight to recover them for you.
Some of the most common damages victims of personal injury accidents in Texas may be able to recover include:
- Medical care costs including: ambulance transportation, inpatient care, follow-up care, rehabilitation and therapy, and other related expenses.
- Lost wages and benefits, as well as diminished earning capacity if they cannot return to work because of their injuries.
- Property damages, including vehicle replacement and repair or replacement of personal items damaged in the incident.
- Out-of-pocket costs related to injuries, repairs, or the accident.
- Pain and suffering, mental anguish, and other non-economic losses.
If your loved one passed away because of the injuries they suffered in a personal injury accident, you may also be eligible to pursue damages in a wrongful death case. This type of recovery goes to the immediate family of the deceased and helps cover damages such as the cost of the funeral and burial.
Let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Fight for Your Rights
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our personal injury team has helped more than 36,000 clients recover damages. Founded in 2002, our firm has more than 65 years of combined experience. We will fight to protect your rights and help you file a claim. Let us pursue damages and allow our personal injury lawyers to recover them.
Our staff of lawyers, investigators, and paralegals can take on your personal injury case and go after the compensation you need and deserve. When you enlist our help on your case, our team is here to promptly answer any questions and address any concerns you have including what your damages are and why our personal injury lawyers will fight to recover them. We even do Facebook Live videos to answer some of the most commonly asked questions our clients ask.
When it comes to taking action in your case, you can trust us to:
- Manage all communication about your case.
- Investigate your accident and collect evidence to show liability.
- Identify the potentially liable party or parties.
- Build a case to support an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
- Take legal action to pursue a recovery in your case.
Our medical coordinators can also help you get the care you need, including rehabilitation and follow-up care. This is true even if you do not have health insurance. Let us use our extensive resources to go after the damages you deserve.
Talk to a Personal Injury Attorney About Your Case Today
If you suffered injuries in a personal injury accident, the team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help. We will go to work on your case, fighting to recover the damages necessary to cover your expenses and losses.
We offer free case evaluations, so please find out what we will do for you during this first step. We also handle personal injury cases on a contingency basis. This means you will not owe us any attorney’s fees unless we get compensation on your behalf.
Call our office today at 713-850-8600 to get started. A member of our team is standing by to evaluate your personal injury case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- Can I Sue the Mechanic of an Auto Repair Shop for Negligence?
- Whose Insurance Do You File a Dog Bite Injury Claim in Texas?
- Will My Health Insurance Cover Me In A Motorcycle Accidents?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?