Be Sure to Write Your Questions Down
You will want to write your questions down before your meeting. Bring a pen and notebook – or your phone or tablet if you prefer taking notes electronically.
To make the most of your first evaluation, here are some suggested questions to ask a personal injury lawyer in Houston:
- Do you accept this type of case?
- How much experience does your firm have in this area?
- How much do you charge?
- What kind of settlement may I expect?
- How long does it take for an insurance settlement?
- Will I deal with an attorney or another staff member?
- Will I have to talk to the insurance company or the defendant?
- How long do I have to file a claim or a lawsuit in Houston?
- Do you ever take cases to court?
- If my case does go to court, will I have to testify?
What You Should Know About Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Houston
Our personal injury lawyers in Houston are happy to answer these questions and others. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. Please do not listen to well-meaning friends who tell you that you can handle things on your own. Most people do not have the resources or knowledge with personal injury insurance claims or lawsuits.
There are a few reasons why we recommend consulting a personal injury lawyer in Houston:
- You might be recuperating from your injuries and not feeling well.
- You may be angry and frustrated about being injured; these emotions can cloud your best judgment.
- You are probably not familiar with Texas liability statutes.
- You do not need the added stress of dealing with an insurance adjuster.
We Have the Legal Team and Resources to Recover Potential Compensation
Since 2002, the personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have helped thousands of injured men and women. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis. We have recovered compensation for damages such as:
- Medical bills
- Lifecare costs
- Lost pay
- Decreased earning ability
- Vehicle and property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or companionship
Our lawyers are skilled negotiators and trial attorneys. We will do all we can to recover the compensation you need. We cannot guarantee the outcome of your case, but our personal injury lawyers in Houston will aggressively pursue available compensation. Under Texas statutes, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
We Research Your Case to Find Out if You Qualify for Compensation
When you come in for a free case evaluation, a personal injury lawyer from our firm will answer your questions. He or she will have questions for you, too. This will help to determine if you are entitled to compensation.
These questions might include:
- How were you injured?
- When and where were you injured?
- What were you doing at the time?
- Who was involved?
- Have you seen a doctor or other healthcare provider for your injuries?
- Has the other person’s insurance company contacted you?
- Are you able to work, drive, and perform daily activities?
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Accept Many Kinds of Personal Injury Cases
We have dealt with all kinds of personal injury cases. Each is unique. We provide expert legal representation with personal care and attention.
Here are some of our practice areas:
- Car, motorcycle, bicycle, bus, 18-wheeler, truck, and pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Sexual violence, abuse, and harassment
- Workplace injuries
- Workers’ compensation
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent security issues
- Home and business liability issues
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Wrongful deaths
Our personal injury lawyers in Houston will assess your injuries, medical bills, property damage, and other factors to help you navigate your claim. If we prove that another person is liable for your injuries and damages, we will pursue compensation from their insurance coverage. Depending on the type of accident and injury, this could include:
- Property insurance (residential and business)
- Government or municipality liability
- Medical malpractice coverage
- Auto insurance
Please Call for Your Free Case Evaluation
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Drunk Driving Accidents Handled Differently Than Normal Car Accident Injury Cases?
- Who Pays for Your Medical Bills During the Personal Injury Claim Process?
- What Is the Free Consultation With a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- What Should You Do If You’re Involved in A Motorcycle Accident in Texas?