Only 3 % of registered vehicles in the United States are motorcycles however, the fatality rate for motorcycles is six times that for occupants of passenger cars.
Often, a motorcycle accident is not solely the fault of the motorcyclist. In many cases, auto and truck drivers did not notice the motorcycle until it was too late. It is important for all drivers to remain alert for motorcycles to avoid causing a motorcycle accident. It is also vital for motorcyclists to make sure that they are visible to other motorists.
A motorcycle accident can result in life changing injuries or death. This can lead to medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, loss of wages, emotional distress and other damages. If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is advised to contact our experienced motorcycle accident lawyers as soon as possible. Your lawyer will work to recover fair costs including those unforeseen future costs.
What to do in Case of a Motorcycle Accident
Any motorists involved in a motorcycle accident should do the following:
- Do not leave the scene of the accident
- Call for emergency help (police and medical if needed)
- Render aid to those injured
- File a police report to the officer at the scene of the motorcycle accident
- Get all contact information, including license number and insurance details of any other motorists involved as well as the contact information of any witnesses
- Call D. Miller Law as soon as possible
Injuries may not be obvious due to shock, so it wise to seek medical attention after a motorcycle accident. Be sure to document all conversations with the other individuals involved included any witnesses. This will help when you file a compensation claim.
When you contact the legal team at D. Miller Law you have taken the first step to protecting your legal rights. Our Houston personal injury attorneys will work hard to get you or your loved ones the maximum compensation allowed. You do not have to face insurance companies alone; put our skill and experience to work for you.
A motorcycle accident can be serious, even deadly. You or your family may have mounting medical expenses, rehabilitation and loss of income to deal with. You don’t have to shoulder this burden alone. Let us help you. You win with us! Call now or use the convenient form on this page to claim your free consultation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Relatives Are Allowed To Sue For Wrongful Death?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?