Learning if you have a viable truck accident case should not cost you anything up front. A lawyer can help you understand what you should do to recover compensation after suffering injuries in a crash.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our lawyers handle all truck accident cases on a contingency basis. That means you pay nothing until we reach a fair settlement with the trucking company or win an award for you in court. Only once we receive the payout in your case will we receive our fees.
For more detailed information about what it will cost to hire an attorney in a truck accident case in Texas, call us today at 713-850-8600.
What Does It Cost to Hire an Attorney in a Truck Accident Case?
It is impossible to tell you exactly how much it will cost to hire an attorney to handle your case. Every case is different and expenses can vary widely. In general, you can expect to pay some of the following costs.
Like most truck accident attorneys, we charge based on a specific percentage of your net award. When we receive the settlement check for your case, we will pay all outstanding fees and reimbursements and then calculate our fees. If we do not win your case, we do not get paid.
Other Expenses Related to Filing Your Claim
An attorney may also charge for related fees, including:
- Fees to obtain police reports, medical records, and other documents; and
- The cost of consulting with experts, such as accident reconstruction specialists.
Expenses If We Litigate Your Case
If your case heads to trial, we will also have to plan for:
- Court filing fees;
- Service fees for summonses and subpoenas;
- Fees to pay expert witnesses;
- Paying court reporters; and
- Other court costs.
What Are the Advantages of Hiring an Attorney?
Some people try to handle these cases on their own, believing it will save them money. However, truck accident claims are often incredibly complex. Most people do not have the knowledge or skill to maximize their payout on their own. Many victims can recover more with the help of an attorney, even after paying legal fees.
Our attorneys can:
- Explain the validity of your case;
- Identify all accountable parties;
- Handle all communication with the insurance company;
- Ensure your rights remain protected throughout the process;
- Send a spoliation letter to ensure all possible evidence is available;
- Collect evidence to prove your damages, including medical bills and lost wages;
- Aggressively negotiate a settlement with the trucking company; and
- Litigate the case before time runs out, if necessary.
All of these steps can have a major impact on the settlement amount you receive. We will help you maximize the value of your case and fight for the full value of your claim.
How Can I Talk to a Truck Accident Attorney?
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC,offers complimentary case reviews and consultations. We can help you understand how much it may cost you to recover the compensation you need after a truck crash. We can help you pursue the largest payout available based on the facts of your case. You pay us nothing unless we recover money for you.
Call us today at 713-850-8600 to learn more.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Employers Responsible for When Their Employees Cause Car Accidents?
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- How Do You Know If You’ve Been Injured By a Defective Medical Device?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- How Do I Get a Police Report for a Car Accident in Fort Worth?