You may be able to recover damages if you were injured in an accident with a commercial vehicle. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Fort Worth, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you seek recovery for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other hardships.
You generally have two years from the date of your accident to pursue legal action, which gives you a limited time to act. Call us today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
We Can Help While You Focus on Feeling Better
As commercial vehicle accident lawyers, we have seen the physical, emotional, and financial trauma that these collisions have on both victims and their families. You may be feeling pressure from the insurance company to settle right away.
We urge you to talk to a legal professional before you accept any payment or make a statement to the insurance company for several reasons:
- You may not be feeling physically or emotionally strong enough to absorb the many details of an insurance settlement.
- You could be taking medications for your injuries that make you drowsy or unable to concentrate fully.
- You might inadvertently jeopardize your claim with an innocent remark or omission.
- You may not have an in-depth understanding of Texas liability and negligence laws, which can be overwhelming.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Fort Worth, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can relieve the burden of these tasks for you. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How Our Lawyers Can Help You Pursue Recovery
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, has helped those who were injured in accidents just like your own. While our past results do not guarantee future outcomes, we can assist in fighting for the financial recovery you and your family deserve.
Our value-added services include:
- A free case evaluation
- Meeting with you at your home or hospital room, wherever is most convenient
- Understanding your injuries and expected prognosis
- Assessing your damages including emotional trauma
- Talking to the insurance adjuster on your behalf
- Compiling a detailed claim and negotiating for a fair outcome
You can feel confident that our commercial vehicle accident attorneys serving Fort Worth, TX, will protect your legal rights and seek accountability from all responsible parties.
We Help Commercial Vehicle Accident Victims
Our lawyers work with a number of commercial vehicle accident cases, including:
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Accidents caused by cargo or trailer issues
- Defective tires
- Defective auto parts or repairs
- Speeding and other reckless driving accidents
It is our goal to identify all liable parties who may be held accountable for your injuries and damages, such as the:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Vehicle manufacturer
- Vehicle safety inspector
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Fort Worth, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can help you obtain financial recovery.
What We Do for You After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
We want you to focus on recovering from your injuries. Our legal team will take care of the many details in pursuing recovery, including:
- Compiling evidence such as photos, videos, and on-board system information
- Reviewing police and accident reports
- Securing witness statements
- Talking to your healthcare provider (with your permission) about how your injuries may impact your ability to work and return to your previous activities
In our experience, damages are often recovered out-of-court through an insurance settlement. However, our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can take your case to trial if the other side refuses to negotiate a fair settlement.
Types of Damages You May Recover
Texas recognizes two kinds of damages after any type of personal injury, including a commercial vehicle accident.
- Special damages: such as a bill from your medical or emergency room visit. This type of damage has a specific value.
- General damages: such as mental anguish or pain and suffering. While it may be difficult to assign value, these damages may be the greater portion of your overall losses.
Each case is different, so a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Fort Worth, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can carefully evaluate your claim and seek damages that may include:
- Medical treatment
- Property damage
- Lost pay
- Disability (either temporary or permanent)
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
We invite you to call our firm today to learn more about potential recovery.
Injuries From a Commercial Vehicle Accident Can be Severe
Injuries from a collision involving a commercial vehicle can be extensive. According to the Mayo Clinic, motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries. These are serious and potentially life-threatening conditions in which the brain can swell or hemorrhage.
In addition to traumatic brain injuries, other afflictions from a commercial vehicle accident can include:
- Whiplash and other soft tissue trauma
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Deep lacerations that need stitches and possibly reconstructive surgery
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries that may cause paralysis
It is crucial that you follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for treatment and hold onto any documents relevant to your medical care. This can serve as evidence when proving the extent of your injuries.
Call Us Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Texas’s statute of limitations can quickly run out. While D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will seek recovery first from the other party’s insurance carrier, sometimes it is necessary to go to court.
Members of our team are standing by to hear from you. For more information, call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- I Got Hit By A Car On My Bicycle. What Legal Action Can I Take?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?