A personal injury lawyer helps a person who suffered physically, emotionally, and financially from someone’s negligence. If a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can prove that the other party is liable, you could recover damages such as medical bills and lost pay.
You have a brief time to seek legal action for financial recovery and justice. Texas law has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. Please find out today how our personal injury lawyers may be able to help you or a loved one.
Please contact us for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
We Handle Personal Injury Cases
Some personal injury law firms limit their practice areas. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has lawyers who can help in many types of legal situations. You want to feel comfortable and confident in your lawyer’s understanding of your specific case.
Our practice area includes:
- Motor vehicle accidents including bus, bicycle, motorcycle, truck, and pedestrian accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Drunk driving (DWI) accident injuries
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Defective vehicle parts, products, and repairs
- Hit and run accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective medical devices
- Sexual assault, abuse, and violence
- Workplace and industrial injuries
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents and drowning
- Dog bites
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death
To find out how a personal injury lawyer serving Fort Worth may be able to help you, call today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
How You Could Recover Damages from a Personal Injury
There are barriers that make it difficult for someone who was injured to seek financial recovery from the liable party, including:
- Most people are unfamiliar with their legal rights when another person has recklessly or intentionally injured them.
- Texas has complex liability and negligence laws that are regularly updated or revised.
- Insurance companies have a team of lawyers who are ready to discredit or deny legitimate personal injury claims.
If you or a loved one was in an accident that was someone else’s fault, you deserve to know your legal rights and how you could pursue recovery.
Factors that Determine Liability in a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will examine the circumstances of your case to determine if:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to avoid harming you;
- The other party breached this duty of care by acting recklessly or failing to act;
- This breach caused you to suffer physical and/or emotional injuries; and
- You now have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
If these factors exist, our lawyers can help you recover damages from the liable party on a contingency basis.
Examples of Negligence
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many people recover damages after someone’s negligence injured or disabled them. Each case is unique, but the following examples may help to explain how another party may be liable and how this could lead to financial recovery.
- Your legs were broken in a car accident caused by a driver who is legally intoxicated.
- You suffer a concussion from a falling object in a store.
- Your hospitalized family member passed away after being given the wrong medication.
You could recover damages even if the other party did not intentionally set out to hurt you. You may also be able to pursue recovery even if you played a small role in the incident.
We invite you to call today for a free case evaluation to see if we can help you and your family at (713) 850-8600.
Financial Recovery for Personal Injury
Depending on your personal injury, a lawyer may help you recover damages that might include:
- Medical treatment including ambulance, hospitalization, specialists, medical tests and laboratory work, prescription medicine, and rehabilitative care
- Lost wages from the time you missed due to injury
- Reduced earning ability if your injuries lead to temporary or permanent disability
- Domestic or lifecare services
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A personal injury lawyer serving Fort Worth from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help surviving family members recover wrongful death damages. These might include final expenses, medical bills prior to your loved one’s passing, lost pay over the span of a normal lifetime, and loss of consortium.
We Are Committed to Exceptional Client Service
You did not choose to be injured and it is understandable to be anxious and stressed. Our legal and professional team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will do all we can to help you recover damages. We relieve the burden of pursuing financial recovery for you so that you may focus on resting and feeling better.
As a valued client, you may expect:
- Consistent updates on your case
- Clear explanations of documents and proceedings that affect you
- Private and confidential communication between you and your lawyer
Our firm is ready to help. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Suggested Actions After Your Injury
As personal injury lawyers serving Fort Worth, we suggest the following after an accident or injury:
- Get medical care and follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for rest, medication, and treatment
- Avoid discussing the incident on social media
- Do not talk to the insurance adjuster until you have a chance to consult a lawyer
- Discuss your case only with your lawyer
- Make a detailed account of what you saw, heard, and felt before and after the accident
Workplace accidents should be reported as soon as possible to your supervisor or human resources department.
We Invite You to Call Our Attorneys for a Free Case Evaluation
You are not alone after being injured by someone’s negligent act. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600. We may be able to help you recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, and other expenses.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long Do You Have to File A Claim for A Slip and Fall Injury in Texas?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- How Soon Do You Need to File A Claim After A Bicycle Accident in Texas?
- Can I Sue My Employer If I Am Injured at Work?
- How Much Compensation Should You Expect For A Brain Injury Case?