If you were injured or lost a loved one in Tarrant County, you can seek a financial recovery with the help of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. You can seek reimbursement for your medical bills, lost income, and other injury-related losses.
We encourage you to take prompt action because you have a brief time to file your case. Texas law has a two-year statute of limitations. We can help you meet the deadlines associated with your case, but you must give your personal injury lawyer serving Fort Worth ample time to do so.
We Handle Personal Injury Cases in Fort Worth Involving the Following
Some personal injury law firms only take on a few practice areas. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has lawyers who can help in many types of legal situations. We want you to feel comfortable and confident in your lawyer’s understanding of your circumstances.
Our practice areas include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including bus, bicycle, motorcycle, truck, and pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Defective vehicle parts, products, and repairs
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace and industrial injuries
- Premises liability cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents and drowning
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
You Could Seek These and Other Losses Following Your Fort Worth Accident
Our personal injury team serving Tarrant County can seek the following:
- Medical treatment, including the ambulance ride, hospitalization, medical tests and laboratory work, prescription medicine, and rehabilitative care
- Lost wages from the time you missed from work
- Reduced earning ability if your injuries led to temporary or permanent disabilities
- Domestic or lifecare services
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can also help surviving family members recover wrongful death-related damages. These losses might include medical bills prior to your loved one’s passing, lost pay over the span of a normal lifetime, and loss of consortium.
We Can Examine Your Case’s Details and Explore Your Options
You may have a case if:
You Were Harmed by Negligence
Most injury cases are founded on negligence. So, if you were hurt due to a negligent motorist, you could recoup damages from their insurer. Here, we would argue that because the other motorist did not drive with caution, they caused your accident and, therefore, should pay for your losses.
You Were Harmed by a Defective Product
Product liability cases do not involve negligence. They involve strict liability. So, if you were harmed by a defective product, you could sue the manufacturer. Examples of defective products include motor vehicles, children’s toys, foodstuffs, and more.
Challenges That Could Impede Your Right to Recovery
Even if the cause of your accident is straightforward, some challenges could still prevent your case from progressing. Some of those challenges may include:
Texas Has Laws That Periodically Change
We have a comprehensive understanding of Texas law. We keep ourselves abreast of any legal changes, so we can correctly assemble your case and follow necessary protocols.
Insurance Companies Don’t Always Cooperate
We have a vested interest in moving your case forward. The insurance company, however, may not. If the insurance company tries to stall your claim, we can take action accordingly. We could file a lawsuit against the negligent party or implement other measures to settle your case.
You Might Not Have Adequate Evidence
Every injury case is founded on evidence. The more information you have, the stronger your case is. We’re not just lawyers; we’re also investigators. We can gather evidence to prove your case, which we can use to supplement your losses.
Let our law firm collect evidence for you including:
- Police, accident, incident, and animal control reports
- Health care, rehabilitation, and therapy records and bills
- Statements and observations from accident witnesses
- Security, smartphone, dashboard camera, and other photos and videos
- Property damage repair and replacement values
- Paycheck stubs, tax records, and other proof of income
You will not need to worry about evidence collection. Instead, we gather these documents for you and present them to the at-fault party’s insurer on your behalf.
You Could Be Accused of Causing the Accident
Texas law implements a proportionate responsibility doctrine for injury cases. If you contributed to your injuries, the insurance company or courts could reduce your financial award. We will establish your portion of fault for the accident (if any) and pursue the money to which you are entitled.
Your personal injury lawyer serving Fort Worth can evaluate your case and address any potential complications.
Leave the Insurance Companies to Us
When you pursue damages after an accident, you typically pursue the at-fault party’s insurance company. This process can be more complicated than you think because:
- The insurance company’s primary concern is their bottom line.
- They may offer you a speedy or low-ball settlement or both.
- The claims forms and paperwork can be complex and daunting.
We understand the financial pressure that follows an accident and resulting injuries — especially when your injuries affect your income. Our goal is to help you recover these damages.
- Handle all case-related communication and correspondence
- Ensure your case receives a thorough and accurate damages assessment
- Negotiate a favorable settlement that covers your damages
If your case cannot be resolved without a settlement, we will help you keep fighting for recovery by representing you in court.
You May Have to Seek Damages From Your Own Insurance Company
You are entitled to recover the costs of your injuries and related experiences from the negligent party or their insurance provider. Unfortunately, this is not always possible. Our representation also means seeking damages from your insurer, where applicable.
This might be the case if:
- You were injured by a hit-and-run driver
- The person responsible for your injuries is uninsured
- The person responsible for your injuries is underinsured
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, we will take the same steps to secure recoverable damages for you from auto insurance, homeowners’ insurance, or commercial insurance.
In some cases, you might have to take the at-fault party to court. Our law firm will help you build a strong case and identify any assets that might lead to the financial recovery you are entitled to.
We Recommend These Measures After Getting Hurt
The following measures could help your case advance smoothly:
Get Medical Care and Follow Your Doctor’s Recommendations
To seek damages, you must establish that you were hurt in the first place. Going to the doctor and getting diagnosed could satisfy this aspect of your case. Also, be sure to follow your doctor’s recommendations. By failing to follow through with medications, surgeries, and follow-up exams, you risk exacerbating your condition.
Avoid Discussing the Incident On Social Media
You can peruse your social media pages while recovering from your injuries. Yet, we encourage you to avoid:
- Accepting friend requests from strangers
- Uploading pictures of yourself or your injuries
- Privately messaging the at-fault party
- Posting statuses or updates about your accident
Check your pages’ privacy settings as well. You should put your social media pages on “private,” so the claims adjuster can’t see them.
Avoid Giving a Recorded Statement
A recorded statement does not help you. It helps the insurance adjuster deny your claim. Their questions are tailor-made to trick you into revealing more information than you should. If the insurance company asks you for a statement, direct it to your injury lawyer serving Fort Worth.
Record Your Recovery Period in a Journal
Your personal testimony holds more weight than you think. In a journal, keep records of:
- Your daily medications
- Your day-to-day function and mobility
- Your pain levels
- Your mental health and relationships
- The cost of your losses
You can keep a physical journal, like a notebook, or an electronic journal, like a Word document.
We Are Committed to Serving Our Clients in Texas
You did not choose to be injured, and it is understandable to be anxious and stressed. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you recover damages. We relieve the burden of pursuing financial recovery so that you may focus on resting.
As a valued client, you may expect:
- Consistent updates on your case
- Clear explanations of documents and proceedings that affect you
- Private and confidential communications between you and your lawyer
- An understanding of our legal goals
- Honest, personal representation
Since 2002, we have advocated for injured people’s rights. Now, it’s your turn.
Previous Clients Tell Others About Our Client-Focused Law Firm
Reviews and recommendations from previous clients can help you understand how hard we fight for your physical and emotional wellbeing and for your financial recovery. Previous clients say:
- Consuelo Dominguez: “I am so happy that I chose this law firm after my car accident. Odalis was assigned to my case, and she always provided me with updates on my medical treatment. I will recommend this law firm to my friend and family!”
- Genesis Garza: “This is such a great law firm! Their customer service is awesome and their response time in regards to my case was so quick…Definitely recommend.”
You can read additional reviews from former clients on our client testimonials page to gain valuable insight into what it means to let us handle your personal injury case from start to finish.
We Invite You to Begin a Free Case Evaluation
You are not alone after being injured. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation. We can help you recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, and other expenses.