An accident that involves an 18-wheeler or semi-truck can cause serious injuries for the motorist. A medium-sized truck can weigh between 10,000 and 26,000 pounds, while larger trucks weigh even more, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). By comparison, a large passenger car only weighs around 3,600 pounds.
You could have extensive injuries or need help with daily living activities while you are recuperating from an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident. A lawyer serving Garland with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you recover damages to cover medical bills, lifecare costs, lost pay, and other expenses.
If you have injuries and losses from an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident and would like help in pursuing recovery, please call today for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers work to recover damages for you.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Taking Legal Action After an 18-Wheeler or Semi Truck Accident
Your priority after an accident is your health. You deserve to have time to focus on healing and recovering from your physical and emotional injuries. You should not have the added stress of worrying about medical bills and lost salary because of the accident.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may relieve you of the burden of pursuing recovery from the liable party on your own. Our firm has the resources and team to build a strong case that may help you recover damages.
Let us take care of the paperwork, communication, and negotiation with the other party. Our lawyers are passionate about helping accident victims stand up to the at-fault party and pursue financial recovery.
Our Suggestions After an Accident
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped people like you recover damages from an accident or injury that was not their fault. After experiencing an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, we suggest the following:
- Focus on healing and recovering from your injuries by following your healthcare provider’s directions.
- Politely decline to speak with the insurance adjuster or representative from the other party until you have a chance to talk to a lawyer, as this may result in your loss of rights to take legal action.
- Do not release medical information about your injuries to the insurance adjuster.
Our lawyers want to work to recover damages for you while you recuperate. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
What We Do to Help You Seek Financial Recovery
Every accident has a cause. Our 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyers can delve into your accident to find the cause and identify the responsible parties.
Our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may use credible evidence to build your case, such as:
- Recovery of the truck’s onboard digital information system
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Red light camera footage, photos, or videos
- Physical evidence such as debris and your damaged vehicle
- Driver’s record of safety, training, and any violations or complaints
- Truck company’s safety, training, repair, and maintenance reports
- Results of relevant drug or alcohol tests
A lawyer may also talk to your doctor (with your permission) to understand your injuries and if they will have a lasting effect on your health.
We Identify Liable Parties Based on the Evidence
All motorists in Texas must follow the rules of the road. There is an expected “duty of care” that drivers will take reasonable measures to prevent harming someone else.
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck lawyer serving Garland with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may assess the evidence to determine if:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to avoid harm.
- The driver breached this duty of care in some way.
- This negligence caused your injury.
- Your injuries caused you to suffer damages such as medical bills, mental anguish, and other losses.
We may diligently pursue recovery from all liable parties on your behalf.
Our Firm Handles Many Types of 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many kinds of 18-wheeler truck accident cases, including ones caused by:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Jack-knife accidents
- Accidents caused by spilled, excessive, or improperly loaded cargo
- Defective tire accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents involving cars, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians
For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call us at (713) 850-8600.
Damages for 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Injuries
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may carefully assess the scope of your injuries and pursue damages that may include:
- Medical treatment
- Rehabilitation and ongoing therapy
- Lost pay due to injuries
- Lifecare costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
We may file an insurance claim against the other party’s carrier. If we cannot reach an acceptable settlement, you have two years from the date you were injured to take legal action, according to Texas’s statute of limitations.
Federal Safety Guidelines for 18-Wheeler and Semi Trucks
18-wheeler and semi-truck drivers must follow specific safety guidelines set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) for how many hours they can drive, how much cargo their vehicle can safely carry, and so on.
The FMCSA safety regulations include:
- Mandatory rest breaks with limits on the number of hours driven within a 24-hour period
- Mandatory drug or alcohol tests
- Driver training and testing
- Regular maintenance
- Equipment inspections
- Restrictions on cargo as it relates to the size and type of vehicle
The other party may be held responsible if they violate one or more of these guidelines.
You Deserve to Learn About Your Legal Rights
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Garland will protect your rights and help you recover damages. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas
- How Do You Know If You Have a Good Personal Injury Case?
- How Much Do You Recover for Pain and Suffering After a Car Accident in Texas?
- What Is Comparative Fault & How does It Work?