After sustaining injuries in a car accident with a commercial vehicle, you can choose to seek legal representation to help you pursue recovery from the liable party.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC helps car accident victims pursue financial recovery for their medical bills, lost pay, and other damages. Our legal team may focus on recovering damages while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
We invite you to call us at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Why Commercial Vehicle Accidents Can Prove Complex
Determining liability after a commercial vehicle accident can prove challenging for several reasons. Bodily injuries and property damage tend to be more severe because many commercial vehicles are large and heavy. Extensive injuries can mean greater damages. Additionally, more than one party may share responsibility for those severe injuries.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Garland with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can evaluate the facts and circumstances of your accident to determine the scope of your injuries and damages.
Identifying Responsible Parties for Your Injuries and Damages
Commercial vehicles refer to trucks, vans, cars, or motor coaches used exclusively for commercial and business purposes. Some companies lease their commercial vehicles from one source and hire drivers from another.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will sort through these business relationships to determine liability. You may be entitled to recovery from:
- The company that owns the commercial vehicles
- The company that provides drivers for these vehicles
- The company that contracts both the vehicles and the drivers or operators
- The vehicle manufacturer
- Safety and maintenance inspectors
A lawyer with our firm may help identify and communicate with all parties at fault on your behalf. This gives you the opportunity to rest and recover from your injuries.
Why You Should Consider Our Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Few people feel comfortable navigating our state’s complex liability and negligence laws alone. This task is even more difficult if you are recovering from injuries or if you are mourning the passing of a loved one from this type of accident.
As a valued client of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we aim to protect your legal rights as we seek recovery on your behalf.
Here are more benefits that our clients enjoy:
- We assign a lawyer, not an associate, to your case.
- We update you on a regular basis.
- We gather the necessary documentation to file an insurance claim with the defendant’s policy.
- We locate medical, vocational, and traffic accident experts on your behalf.
You are invited to call us any time at (713) 850-8600 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Contributing Factors of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Several factors may contribute to an accident involving a commercial vehicle. Collisions may stem from:
- Accidents related to improper or excessive cargo
- Drunk driving (DWI)
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Left turns
- Defective tires, parts, or repairs
Whether you are an injured driver, pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcycle rider, our commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Garland may be able to help you recover damages.
How We Prove Liability
Commercial vehicle accidents are usually preventable. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will examine your case to establish how the other party acted negligently.
This close examination often includes:
- Securing photos and videos of the accident scene
- Obtaining onboard data from the vehicle
- Seeking expert testimony from traffic engineers
- Proving your injuries and how they affect your ability to return to a normal life
- Gathering police reports, accident reports, and witness statements
- Reviewing the other driver’s drug or alcohol test results, training, and any previous violations
- Obtaining the company’s safety, training, and maintenance records
It takes time to build a compelling case. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations that begins from the date of the accident. Do not wait too long to seek legal representation or take action as this could affect your ability to file a lawsuit later down the road.
Typical Damages You Could Recover
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may assess your injuries and damages. Financial recovery may extend to both economic and noneconomic losses, including:
- Property damage
- Medical treatment
- Lifecare expenses
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning ability due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your lawyer will need access to your medical bills, car repairs, and other proof of out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident.
Wrongful Death From a Commercial Vehicle Accident
If you lost a loved one due to injuries sustained in a commercial vehicle accident, please accept our condolences. A lawyer with our firm may help you recover damages related to a wrongful death claim.
Your Health Comes First
Some accident injuries require immediate medical attention. You should see your doctor or medical provider as soon as possible, even for less severe injuries. We recommend that you follow your doctor’s advice for rest, prescription medicine, and other post-accident care.
Making sure you comply with your doctor’s treatment is important for your case. Furthermore, some medical conditions do not display symptoms immediately and only become apparent months or years after an accident.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will fight to protect your legal rights.
Consider a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Garland
Commercial vehicle accidents are becoming more frequent throughout Garland’s three counties. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, Dallas County reported 3,753 auto collisions with a commercial vehicle in 2018.
You are not alone if you or a loved one sustained injuries in this type of collision.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?
- How Many Victims Have Filed Charges Against UCLA?
- Do You Have To File a Lawsuit To Recover Damages From an Auto Accident In Texas?
- My Loved One Was Injured Or Killed In A Bus Accident, Who Is Responsible?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?