D. Miller & Associates, PLLC believes that you should not have to suffer twice for someone’s negligence.
A personal injury may result from someone else’s actions or failure to act. You may be able to recover damages such as medical bills and other losses if a personal injury lawyer serving Garland can prove that another party caused your injuries.
You deserve to know your legal options. Call us today at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Factors that Affect Potential Recovery
There are certain factors that must be considered prior to pursuing financial recovery after a personal injury, accident, or illness.
In a personal injury case, courts will require you to prove the following:
- The other party did not take the same reasonable measures that another average person would take to avoid harming you.
- You have proof of these injuries, such as an X-ray or an evaluation by a licensed medical professional.
- You experienced loss or damages related to these injuries, such as medical care, lost wages, or mental anguish.
You must also file your case within the state’s statute of limitations, or deadline, for filing a lawsuit.
A personal injury lawyer serving Garland may navigate you through Texas’ complex statutes regarding personal injury and negligence. We focus on protecting your rights and seeking recovery for you while you rest and recuperate.
Also, personal injury attorneys are familiar with the proper process of communicating with medical professionals for the purpose of a case.
Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury refers to any physical harm or mental anguish caused by another person. This injury can occur in many ways.
Personal injury cases may result from any of the following incidents:
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Bus accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI) accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Hit and run accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
- Workplace and industrial injuries
- Defective medications and medical devices
- Defective products
- Sex crimes
- Human trafficking
- Physical assault
- Other accidents
The types of injuries sustained in these types of accidents may include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries and whiplash
- Catastrophic injuries
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
You do not have to suffer from the effects of an accident or injury without any help. You may recover damages for an accident or injury caused by someone else’s reckless or wrongful act. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Why You Should Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Garland
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has worked to help victims recover damages and justice. There are several reasons why people have a personal injury lawyer to represent them.
For starters, this is what we do: we protect and preserve the rights of injured and disabled people who have suffered because someone else was reckless or unlawful.
You also need to consider your own health and well-being. For many injured people, the last thing they want to do is deal with an insurance adjuster or the other party’s lawyer. A personal injury lawyer serving Garland may also provide valuable guidance throughout the legal process. The attorneys with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC pride themselves on their accessibility to clients once they take on a case.
Other Benefits of Hiring Our Personal Injury Attorneys
There are other benefits to you as a valued client when you hire a personal injury lawyer serving Garland, such as:
- We offer free case evaluations.
- We build a strong case with evidence and documentation.
- We identify all liable parties.
- We file your insurance claim.
- We can take your case to trial if necessary.
- We work to recover damages for you on a contingency basis.
If you want help in recovering damages for injuries caused by someone else, it may be time to call a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Potentially Recoverable Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Every personal injury case is different. Our personal injury lawyers, investigators, and other team members work diligently to seek the recovery and justice our clients deserve.
Per Texas law, potentially recoverable damages may extend to:
- Medical treatment, including ambulance transportation, emergency room care, surgery, hospitalization, specialists, and other medical care
- Lost wages
- Lifecare costs
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
You have the right to seek recovery for both economic and non-economic damages. You should not have to suffer financially for someone’s reckless action. To learn more about potential financial recovery, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
How to Prepare For Your Free Case Evaluation
Our legal team uses its knowledge of complex negligence laws and key evidence-gathering skills to begin building a personal injury case.
Some pieces of evidence we may request when building your case include:
- Any documentation from your personal injury, such as a workplace accident report or police report.
- The results of medical tests or related medical records that document your injury.
- A photo identification (ID) card, like a driver’s license.
We aim to help you and your family in the aftermath of a personal injury, which may have effects that last well into your and your family’s future. Even if you believe your injuries to be minor, or if no apparent symptoms display immediately after an accident, you may find that an ongoing medical condition develops much later after the incident. Our lawyers work to calculate an accurate estimate of your losses so we can pursue fair financial recovery on your behalf.
The Sooner You Call, the Sooner We Can Get Started on Your Case
According to Texas law, a person has two years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent party known as the statute of limitations. We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today to find out how a personal injury lawyer serving Garland may help you.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
- How Do You Prove a Property Owner Was Negligent in a Premises Liability Case?
- When Should You Contact a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- What Should You Do If Your Uber or Lyft Driver Gets in an Accident in Texas?