Slippery walkways, roadway accidents, and defective medication can all cause you harm. If you were injured by the negligence of another party, you may be able to pursue a financial recovery.
Our personal injury lawyers serving Grand Prairie with D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ have worked on a wide range of personal injury cases. We care about our clients and labor tirelessly to help them secure a fair recovery.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Grand Prairie Handle a Variety of Cases
We’ve represented clients as they’ve navigated the aftermath of:
- Defective drugs
- Car accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Truck accidents
- Dog bites
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability incidents
- And more
Damages in a Personal Injury Case in Grand Prairie
Personal injury cases typically involve damages. Damages are a financial metric that accounts for the various losses involved in your accident.
They typically include:
- Medical expenses: Some personal injury cases result in serious injuries. Medical expenses aren’t cheap. This form of damage can help you pay your hospital bills.
- Lost wages: Were you incapacitated by your accident? A damages recovery can reimburse you for lost wages, both present and future.
- Pain and suffering: Personal injury incidents don’t just have an economic toll. They can cause mental anguish, pain, and suffering. Personal injury recoveries account for this type of damage, as well.
- Property damage: Vehicles and other forms of personal property can be damaged during an accident. These damages can contribute to the valuation of your recovery.
These damages are categorized in one of two ways: economic and non-economic. Economic damages are purely financial. They account for the ways that your accident hurt your bank account. Non-economic damages are less tangible. They cover the mental anguish you experienced because of your accident.
How Much Will My Financial Recovery Be Worth?
The final value of financial recovery is based on a combination of the previously listed damages. These damages vary considerably depending on the type of personal injury case you’re involved in.
For example, in a car accident, you may be left with a crippling injury and a damaged vehicle. This differs from a defective medication case, where only mental anguish and medical expenses may apply.
Our team can evaluate the specifics of your case. We can help you understand which damages apply, and which don’t.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Grand Prairie Can Help
Your case may involve technical legal jargon, like depositions, subrogation, and subpoenas. If you don’t hire a lawyer, you’ll have to hassle with terminology and legal precedents alone.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ, we’re committed to making the lives of our clients easier. When you choose our firm, you’ll receive:
- Legal advice
- Assistance with finding a doctor
- Prompt answers to your burning questions
- Accessible legal support
- A free case evaluation on your own terms, we’ll meet you wherever works best, whether that’s in our offices, at your home, or on the phone
- Help as you pursue a financial recovery
Our previous clients have appreciated the benefit of our accessible legal services. This is what some of them have said about working with D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ:
- “Very hard working people. Helped me when I could find No one. THANK YOU We Are SO GRATEFUL. They are very in depth, professional, flawless responsibility to each client. Superior character. Making one feel at ease and comfortable throughout the entire ordeal. What an exceptional experience. A genuine concern and care for their clients.” – Sherry C.
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” – Daniel L.
How do Personal Injury Lawyers Pursue a Financial Recovery?
Our lawyers don’t just answer questions, though. We’ll take the fight to whoever was responsible for your accident and pursue recovery. This process involves multiple steps.
A Thorough Case Investigation
Evidence is the backbone of every legal case. We’ll comb through the specifics of your case, and pinpoint crucial details. In a personal injury case, this evidence may include:
- Images or footage of the accident
- Expert testimonials, we can work with crash reconstruction specialists and other qualified professionals
- Testimonies from those involved in the accident
- Police or incident reports
- And more
We’ll gather and sort this evidence on your behalf. While our Grand Prairie personal injury lawyer is focusing on the hard stuff, you can focus on healing.
Liability is responsibility. The liable party in your case is whoever can be held responsible for your injuries. We must prove that their negligence led to your injuries.
To do so, we’ll work to establish the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: If another party owed you a duty of care, they were responsible for your safety in some way. To use an oft-cited example, drivers owe other people on the roadway a duty of care. We can establish that the liable party owed you a duty of care.
- Breeched duty of care: We must show that the liable party breached this duty of care in some way. Maybe your medical provider prescribed you defective medication, or another driver was speeding and caused a crash.
- A linkage between your injuries and their negligence: There must be a verifiable link between the liable party’s negligence and your injuries.
- That you suffered: We’ll review your medical records and show that your accident led to serious injuries.
Personal Injury Cases Have a Two-Year Deadline in Texas
Texas law generally allows victims two years after the date of their accident to file a lawsuit. If you fail to initiate a lawsuit before this deadline, you’ll be unable to take legal action.
Many personal injury cases are settled without a lawsuit. If insurance negotiations fall through, though, legal action can provide an alternative route to seeking recovery.
We can assist you with managing your case deadlines. We’ll file relevant documentation and initiate a lawsuit on your behalf if needed.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Grand Prairie Are Here For You
We’re prepared to represent the residents of Grand Prairie. We’ve supported countless clients since our firm was founded in 2002. Let us shoulder some of the load.
Call our offices for a free case evaluation.