The Hempstead personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ are dedicated to helping people like you fight for financial recovery after preventable accidents. So whether your losses were financial, physical, or emotional, the at-fault party could be made to pay for them.
Our entire legal team works diligently to assist clients by building strong cases and negotiating for a fair settlement. This gives you more time to focus on recuperating and getting back to your everyday life.
Types of Financial Recovery to Pursue in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Our law firm understands how devastating a personal injury can be. You may:
- Be unable to work on a temporary or permanent basis
- Have very painful physical and psychological injuries
- Struggle to maintain relationships with friends or family
- Need time to adjust to a new reality
These and other losses can wreak havoc on your short-term and long-term future. This is why Texas law gives you the right to sue whoever caused your injury, so long as you start your case within two years.
If you start your case in time, you can rely on our assistance to fight for damages such as:
- Pain and suffering, or the diminishment of your mental and physical wellbeing
- Reduced quality of life, or the extent to which you can no longer live the same lifestyle you enjoyed before the accident
- Medical bills, or the amount you spent and expect to spend in the future on your medical care
- Repair bills, especially if you were in a traffic accident and your vehicle was damaged or destroyed.
- Disability, or the temporary or permanent loss of any ability you possessed before the accident (e.g., the ability to walk without pain or use your hand in a certain way)
- Loss of wages, or the salary you missed out on when you took a leave of absence from work to give your personal injuries time to heal
- Loss of earning capacity, or the permanent diminishment of your ability to work enough to support yourself and your family
Financial Recovery for Wrongful Death
If you lost someone you love in a preventable accident, we are truly so sorry for your loss. However, you could qualify to file a wrongful death lawsuit rather than a personal injury lawsuit. A wrongful death suit could entitle you to damages such as:
- Medical bills, disability, and other damages your loved one would have qualified for had they lived long enough to file their own case.
- Loss of companionship, or the fact that someone you care deeply about is no longer around to express affection, give you advice, and so on
- Loss of financial support, or the salary that your loved one’s dependents relied on to live comfortably and securely
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Will Help with Your Case
A personal injury attorney from our firm would be happy to manage your case, whether you live in Hempstead or were only injured there. We handle all legal tasks, big and small, associated with seeking damages, including:
- Gathering evidence from as many sources as possible to build a well-rounded case
- Identifying the liable party based on available evidence
- Notifying the liable party about your claim and filing all legal paperwork
- Fighting for your financial recovery, whether we have to negotiate with the insurance company or take your case to court
Rest assured that going to court is rare in personal injury cases as most insurance companies would rather settle out of court and agree to negotiate with you or your representative.
Regardless of where your case ends up, we can be there at every step to:
- Ensure you understand your options and make the best possible choices for yourself, your family, and your future
- Provide answers over the phone or via Facebook live stream—whatever is most convenient for you
- Offer reassurance and a professional touch during a difficult moment in your life
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM, we take our responsibilities to our clients very seriously, and our clients can tell. One former client, Nubian W., kindly stated, “I trust this organization to do all that is required in order to take care of its clients.”
How to Prevent Personal Injuries
Very often, personal injuries are preventable. However, here are a few examples of actions that could lead to injuries—which could very easily be avoided if everyone showed proper respect and care for their fellow human beings.
Per the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), over 200,000 people were injured on Texas roadways in 2020. Many of these injuries could have been prevented if everyone:
- Obeyed traffic signs and signals
- Put away cell phones and other sources of distraction
- Drove at the speed limit, or even slower depending on roadway conditions
- Avoided drinking and driving
Premises Liability Accidents
Premises liability cases include those where someone was injured on another person’s property. Property owners can reduce the risk of injury by:
- Quickly clearing away trip or slip hazards, such as loose wiring or liquid spills
- Posting warning signs telling visitors about trip or slip hazards
- Ensuring that all areas where people are likely to walk are in good repair and free of possible hazards
Sometimes, a doctor does everything right but is still unable to help their patient. In other cases, however, the doctor makes a careless mistake that harms the patient. Such mistakes can often be avoided if the doctor:
- Listens carefully to the patient and does not dismiss their concerns out of hand
- Makes sure the patient understands the pros and cons of all available treatment options
- Exercises caution when prescribing medication, performing surgery, and evaluating diagnostic tests
Contact Our Personal Injury Law Firm for Help with Your Claim Today
D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM can provide dedicated legal service and much-needed peace of mind to you and your family during this difficult time. Call for a free case evaluation today to find out how one of our personal injury lawyers can assist with your case. We are proud to help Hempstead residents like you fight for financial recovery.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?
- What is the Average Settlement for a Wrongful Death Claim in Texas?
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?
- What Should You Do When You Slip and Fall in A Store in Texas?
- Do You Need To Hire A Lawyer To Recover Money For A Slip And Fall Injury?