If you were injured in a left-turn accident, you could be entitled to financial recovery for medical bills, car repairs, and other damages. A left-turn accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue recovery.
For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
How a Left-Turn Accident Lawyer Can Make Your Life Easier After the Collision
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many types of motor vehicle accidents. We can take care of filing an insurance claim and pursuing recovery for your accident-related damages. This allows you to relax and focus on feeling better.
After You Get Medical Care, Get Legal Protection
Most people do not know enough about the Texas statute of liability and negligence laws to fully protect their rights. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC offers free case evaluations and can explain how we help you seek recovery for damages. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
You could be entitled to financial recovery for medical bills and other losses, but it is important to remember this:
- You have a short time to file a personal injury lawsuit (generally two years from the date of the accident under Texas Statute Ch. 16).
- The insurance company—whether your own or the other driver’s—will often undervalue or even deny legitimate claims.
- A lawyer knows how to counter insurance company tactics to pursue the recovery you deserve.
- You may qualify for financial recovery even if you played a minor role in the collision.
We will do all we can to get your financial recovery after a left-turn accident in Houston. Left-turn accidents can result in severe injuries and huge expenses. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Why Left Turns Contribute to Accidents
Making a left turn is a complex event that requires drivers to make split-second decisions about speed, distance, and turning radius. Inexperienced drivers and people with depth perception or impaired reflexes may be at greater risk for making mistakes during a left turn. According to National Public Radio (NPR), a quarter of all pedestrian accidents in the United States are due to left turns.
There are several reasons why turning left increases the risk of a collision:
- Left turns require drivers to cross against oncoming traffic
- Left turns need a wider turning radius
- Drivers can incorrectly estimate the speed and distance of oncoming traffic
- There is not always a designated left turn lane and signal arrow
- There may be decreased visibility and increased “blind spots” during a left turn, depending on the vehicle
You Could Seek Financial Recovery Even if You Made the Left-Turn
There is a misconception that the left-turn driver is solely liable. Traffic accidents can be complicated. A left-turn accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will carefully evaluate the circumstances of your accident, your injuries, and collect evidence to decide who is liable.
Often there are contributing factors in a left-turn accident that allows you to seek financial recovery regardless of who turned left. These factors include:
- The driver making the left turn had a green arrow
- The other driver ran a red light or stop sign
- The other driver was speeding, driving while intoxicated, or breaking a traffic law in some manner
- There is an inherent and dangerous flaw in the road design or signal mechanism
It is your right to talk to an attorney about seeking recovery after any kind of motor vehicle accident. You do not want to risk losing potential financial recovery, especially if you are faced with a costly and extensive recovery. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Injuries and Damages from a Left-Turn Accident May Be Significant
There are many types of injuries after a left-turn accident. These include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Lacerations and contusions
- Internal bleeding
- Torn ligaments or muscles
In addition to medical expenses and lost wages, you may have considerable property damage. If your car was struck head-on or broadside, it may not be drivable. This means you must secure alternative transportation while you are getting your vehicle repaired. Some left-turn accidents can total a vehicle.
Our Lawyers Seek Maximum Financial Recovery
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has a successful record of obtaining a recovery for injured and disabled people. While past results do not guarantee future outcomes, we will do all we can to recover damages such as:
- Medical bills, both current and future
- Lost wages
- Disability (temporary or permanent; partial or total)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
Your lawyer will speak with your medical provider to obtain a correct prognosis. They will seek damages based upon your ability to return to your employment and life activities that you enjoyed before the accident. The sooner you call our firm for a free case evaluation, the earlier we can begin working on your case. Call (713) 850-8600.
You Deserve a Strong Legal Advocate
A car accident may leave you seriously injured and facing new challenges that affect your work, family, and future. You may be entitled to a recovery, but do not delay. Please do not let this happen to you and your family.
A left-turn accident lawyer in Houston will protect your rights and work hard to seek recovery on your behalf. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Recover Money For Non-Injury Damages In a Car Accident?
- What Is The Most Common Cause Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- How Much Compensation Should You Expect For A Brain Injury Case?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My Collegiate Sexual Abuse Case?
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?