You have the right to hire a personal injury lawyer to help you recover damages if another person’s negligence harmed you or a loved one.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has advocated for victims by helping them with personal injury cases. We are committed to holding liable parties accountable for the pain and suffering they cause.
As a valued client, you may count on:
- A free case evaluation
- Regular updates on the progress of your case
- Protection of your legal rights
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Understanding Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury refers to any negligent act, that causes bodily harm. Personal injury cases range from auto accidents to wrongful death. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has a team of legal professionals serving Irving who can help in a wide array of situations, including:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Defective tires or auto parts
- Medical malpractice
- Defective medical parts
- Premises liability
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Sex crimes
- Human trafficking
- Acts of violence
- Dog bites
- Drowning and swimming pool accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Wrongful death
Accidents resulting in bodily injury often prove avoidable, so if someone’s action or inaction led to your injuries, you have a right to seek recovery and justice.
Benefits of Having a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury may have caused you to take time away from your job and your family. You may also develop long-term medical issues as a result of someone else’s carelessness or recklessness.
If you were hurt through no fault of your own, a personal injury lawyer may help take care of the numerous details in a personal injury case, such as:
- Thoroughly examining the facts, timeline, and involved parties
- Securing evidence, testimony, and documentation
- Identifying all parties who played a direct or vicarious role in causing injury
- Contacting these parties on your behalf
- Filing an insurance claim (auto, property, or medical malpractice)
- Negotiating for a fair settlement
Texas has complicated liability and negligence laws. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help you navigate the legal process.
When You Should Consider a Personal Injury Lawyer
Texas has a statute of limitations of two years from the date of a personal injury. This may seem like enough time to gather the necessary documentation and build a persuasive case, but you should consider the following:
- Personal injury lawsuits often result from failed insurance claims, and the claims process itself may take several months.
- The court has other civil cases to hear.
- You may have medical bills and other related expenses accruing.
Failure to abide by the statute of limitations may prevent you from being able to take legal action against an at-fault party. After being treated for any emergent medical needs following your accident, you can call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 to learn more about how we may help your case.
Your Potential Financial Recovery
Texas statutes require you to meet certain criteria to seek recovery after a personal injury.
These criteria include providing proof that:
- The defendant had a legal duty of care to take reasonable measures that could have prevented your injury.
- The defendant breached this duty of care either through recklessness, wrongful act, or omission.
- This negligence caused your injuries.
- These injuries led to damages in the form of medical bills and other losses, such as pain and suffering.
It is up to you as the plaintiff to show how the defendant is responsible for your injuries and damages. Having a personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC by your side may help you through the legal process while you rest and recover from your injuries.
We Help You Recover Damages
Compensatory damages come in two forms: special and general. Special damages refer to damages that you can calculate, such as medical bills. General damages sometimes refer to noneconomic.
You could be entitled to recovery for both types of these compensatory damages, such as:
- Ambulance, emergency room, or urgent care services
- Medical treatment, both past and ongoing
- Lost pay for the time that you were unable to work
- Property damage, such as car repairs or replacement for personal items
- Other related out-of-pocket expenses
- Pain and suffering
If you have extensive injuries and a prolonged recovery period, a personal injury lawyer serving Irving with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may also seek such damages for:
- Diminished earning ability or loss of income if you cannot work
- Lifecare expenses
- Medical equipment and adaptive devices
- Mental anguish
Some medical conditions may not show symptoms until months or years after an accident, so you may unknowingly face a lifetime of medical treatment. Accepting an initial settlement from an insurance company may disqualify you from seeking further damages down the road. A personal injury lawyer may help to accurately estimate your damages so that you receive a fair recovery for the injuries you suffered due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness.
Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Irving
If someone caused you or a family member bodily harm, you deserve to know your legal options.
There is no cost or obligation when you call and speak to us about your potential for a personal injury claim or lawsuit. Our personal injury lawyers serving Irving work to recover damages for you on a contingency basis. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
The sooner you call, the sooner we may begin working on your case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- After An Accident With A Commercial Truck, Do I Sue The Company Or The Driver?
- What Are Your Legal Options If Someone Is Killed in A Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident In An Uber In Texas?
- Who Is at Fault in a Hydroplaning Car Accident?
- What Will The Trucking Company Be Doing to Prepare Their Case?