How Can You Recover Compensation With Help From A Personal Injury Lawyer in Katy, TX?
An injury is often a frustrating experience. This can be even more so if another party’s careless or reckless actions caused it.
- Medical bills (both current and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Miscellaneous costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
You only have two years to file your claim
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer for My Claim?
There is no legal requirement to hire a lawyer to handle your case; however, there are quite a few potential drawbacks to handling your case on your own.
You will be dealing with an insurance company and its legal team. The insurer will attempt to pay you as little as possible and might take advantage of your vulnerability to do so. A lawyer with experience handling personal injury cases will know the tricks an adjuster might try to pull, such as asking for a recorded statement or a medical records release. Your lawyer will protect your right to compensation from greedy insurers.
The insurer will likely offer you much less than you deserve. The first settlement offer from an insurance adjuster is usually too low. However, when you are desperate for money to pay your bills, you might accept it without considering how much you are losing out on. A lawyer can help you determine what your claim is really worth, and will fight to win you the money you deserve.
Remember, insurance companies do this for a living, but so do lawyers. Having a lawyer on your side can really help when you have serious injuries and want a fair outcome.
Without a lawyer, you will have to handle your injury claim by yourself, likely while you are also recovering from a serious injury. Your responsibilities during this process might include:
- Filing your claim
- Proving negligence
- Communicating with insurers and legal teams
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Collecting evidence
- Meeting deadlines
- Finding expert witnesses
- Determining your medical costs now and in the future
- Determining loss of income if you miss work because of injuries
- Determining loss of income if you cannot return to work or must work less
- Determining how your injuries will affect the rest of your life (physically, financially, and emotionally)
- Arguing your case if you file a lawsuit
While you may be able to handle this long list of responsibilities yourself, having a personal injury lawyer on your side can make a big difference. It allows you to concentrate on recovering, especially if you have serious or permanent injuries. It also gives you the experience that only a lawyer has.
What Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Do for Me?
- Miller & Associates, PLLC will handle every aspect of your case. You will have a Case Manager at our office who will help:
- Collect your medical bills and reports from your doctor
- Find medical experts to determine the cost of your ongoing medical care
- Determine how much income you lost and will continue to lose
Once your Case Manager has handled the duties above, you will meet with a Managing Attorney to decide how much money you will ask for from the insurance company. After that, we will write a letter to the insurance company stating your demands.
Our Katy personal injury lawyers, the insurance company two weeks to answer. Most of the time, it will respond with a lower offer. We will negotiate with the insurer for you. We want to get you the largest payment we can as quickly as possible.
However, that does not mean we will accept a low settlement just to finish out your case. If the insurance company refuses to pay you enough, our Katy personal injury lawyers will discuss filing a lawsuit and the best way to present your case in court. Your Managing Attorney will set up another meeting with you to update you on the discussions, explain how we plan to present your case, and answer any questions you might have.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Today for a FREE Consultation
Our lawyers have decades of experience in the legal system. We will use what we know to protect your rights and get you the highest possible settlement. We will keep you informed about what we are doing, how your case is going, and what steps we will be taking.
Any questions? Call us at 713-850-8600 and talk to our team for free. We can answer those questions, tell you what your legal options are, and help you decide the best option for you. Call as soon as you can. The sooner we begin working on your case, the sooner you can receive payment for your injuries and damages.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- Can I Sue If My Knee Replacement Gets Infected?
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident In Texas?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- What Are Your Legal Options If Someone Is Killed in A Pedestrian Accident in Texas?