You may be entitled to recover damages if you were injured in a commercial vehicle accident. Drivers, owners, and operators of commercial vehicles have an obligation while operating their vehicles on the road to take reasonable measures that protect other drivers from harm. Failure to do so may enable you—the injured party—to seek recovery for your losses.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Kingwood, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you hold the other party accountable for your injuries and damages. Texas statutes limit your time for taking legal action to two years from the date you were injured, so we invite you to call us today at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation to see if we may be able to help recover damages for your injuries.
How We May Help Recover Damages
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help with your case by:
- Establishing that the other party owed you a duty of care to follow the rules of the road and take reasonable measures to avoid harming you
- Demonstrating how the other party breached this duty of care in some manner, such as running a red light
- Demonstrating how this breach of duty caused your injuries, pain, and suffering
- Seeking damages for your injuries, pain, and suffering
Our lawyers serving Kingwood, TX, may be able to help with your case, and we do so on a contingency basis so you can discuss your case with a team member without risk or obligation.
What Classifies as a Commercial Vehicle Accident
Accidents involving a commercial vehicle may including:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Rear-end accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Accidents caused by defective tires, parts, or repairs
- Road rage accidents
No matter what kind of commercial vehicle was involved in your accident, we may help examine the nature of the accident to identify causes and the responsible party.
What Factors into a Commercial Vehicle Accident Claim
Many commercial vehicle accidents are caused by factors that may include:
- Improper training
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Improper cargo loading
- Exceeding cargo or passenger load limits
- Speeding and other types of reckless driving
- Driver fatigue
- Use of alcohol or other substances, including prescription medicine, street drugs, and over-the-counter drugs
- Insufficient safety or equipment checks
Commercial vehicle drivers and operators are supposed to have specific training and, in some instances, carry special operating licenses. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help investigate the other party to determine if it acted improperly or unsafely. Call us at (713) 850-8600 today to get started.
Applicable Damages in a Commercial Vehicle Claim
If you suffered significant, life-changing injuries that affect your ability to perform daily tasks, including earning a living, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you recover damages for:
- Property damage, including temporary transportation if your car is undrivable or being repaired
- Medical treatment, including emergency care, hospital stay, doctor’s visits, imaging scans and tests, and prescription medication
- Lost wages for the time you cannot work because of injury
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished earning capacity
- Medical equipment and adaptive devices
- Related costs (for example, installing wheelchair ramps in your home)
Having legal representation will give you peace of mind when navigating your claim. Allowing a lawyer to help you seek a recovery takes away the pressure of going through the process alone.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer Kingwood, TX lawyers from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help:
- Investigate the cause, circumstances, and involved parties of your case
- Obtain evidence and documentation that supports your claim
- Secure expert testimony and counsel about your injuries and damages
- Compile all bills and documents
- Send a detailed claim to the other party’s insurance carrier
- Negotiate the recovery for your damages
The time it takes to build a compelling case, and Texas’s statute of limitations may intensify this process. We want you to know one of our lawyers serving Kingwood, TX, can help you through it.
Commercial Vehicle Accident Facts and Tips
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, commercial vehicles were involved in 37,515 accidents in 2018. More than 600 people lost their lives in these collisions.
Please take preventative action to lessen the risk of future accidents, such as wearing your seat belt, making sure infants and young children are securely fastened into proper seats, and refraining from texting while driving.
Contact a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Kingwood, TX Today
If you were injured in a commercial vehicle accident, we want you to contact us to see if we can help you. If your accident with a commercial vehicle happened within Kingswood, Texas, the state’s statute of limitations applies, meaning you have a limited time from the date of your accident to file a claim for damages and losses.
If you wish to have a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600. We work on a contingency basis, so we do not collect payment unless you receive recovery for your injuries or losses.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- Are Trucking Companies Required By Texas Law To Have Full Coverage Insurance?
- Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Recover Money for Property Damage?
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident In Texas?
- How Much Should You Expect in A Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?