People get injured every day. Sometimes you can put a bandage on it and move forward. Other times, your injuries are so severe that they impact every aspect of your life. You may have medical bills to pay, doctor appointments, follow-up care, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If you find yourself injured and overwhelmed, a personal injury lawyer serving Leander can help you obtain the damages you need to continue on your road to recovery.
What Is Your Personal Injury Case Worth?
We cannot put a dollar figure on an injury case without investigating it first. Every case is different. With that in mind, we can discuss some of the damages you might be able to receive.
Recoverable damages fall into two categories—economic and non-economic.
Damages awarded in this category cover your actual costs or expenses paid out due to your injury. Examples of these are:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost benefits from employment
- Transportation costs related to your injury
- Replacement of your vehicle if totaled in an accident
- Medical equipment and assistive devices
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medications
This category should include any expense you would not have had without the accident. An injury lawyer can be instrumental in helping you understand all the items that fall within this area.
Damages awarded in this category do not have a tangible value. Texas plaintiffs can recover for non-economic losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Loss of intimacy within a relationship
- Physical disfigurement
- Permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment
There are several ways to calculate non-economic damages. A personal injury lawyer from our team has experience in this area and can help you determine an adequate amount.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help You?
Our lawyers have dedicated themselves to seeking justice for people who were injured in and around Leander. Because we handle these cases daily, we are familiar with the laws, filing process, and the court system.
We will use this experience to fight for all the recovery you deserve. To help with your case, we will:
- Investigate the accident or incident that caused your injury
- Gather evidence, such as the police or incident report, photos or videos of the scene, data from an involved vehicle’s black box, eyewitness testimony, expert witness testimony, and medical records
- Ensure you understand any insurance policies that apply to your case
- Negotiate with insurers for a fair settlement
- Communicate with all parties involved
- Prepare your case for trial
- Represent you at trial
- Act within any applicable deadlines
Injury Cases We Handle in Leander, TX
There are many different types of lawyers. It is important to find a lawyer that has worked on cases similar to yours. Our team accepts all the following types of injury cases:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Spinal cord injuries
- Slips and falls, swimming pool accidents, and other premises liability cases
We can also help you if you lost a loved one in a Leander accident. You could recover the following damages:
- Medical bills before your loved one’s passing
- Lost earning capacity
- Loss of support and services
- Loss of care, advice, and guidance
- Pain and suffering you and your family suffered
Tips on Selecting a Personal Injury Lawyer
You can begin your search for a personal injury lawyer by asking friends and family if they have any experience with injury lawyers. Word-of-mouth advertising and personal referrals are usually reliable. However, it is important to note that every case is different, so your results will vary.
The internet is also an excellent place to research potential lawyers. Most will have a comprehensive website with information on what services they offer, the types of cases they handle, and information on previous cases. You can also read reviews of the lawyer and law firm online.
Start with a Free Consultation
With a free case evaluation, you can meet with a law firm to discuss your case. We recommend writing out a list of questions or concerns before this first meeting. Having a general outline will help you while you are explaining the accident, your injuries, and the challenges you are facing as a result.
Some general questions you may consider asking are:
- What is your experience with injury cases?
- Do you expect this to go to trial?
- Will you handle my case during the trial or assign it to a different lawyer?
- How often will I receive updates about my case?
- How will you contact me regarding my case?
- If I lose, what costs will I be expected to pay?
- Can you estimate what my case might be worth?
- How long will the entire process take?
- What will a lawyer do for me?
You Have a Limited Time to File Your Injury Lawsuit
Our injury lawyers will ensure you remain aware of this time limit.
Get Help from a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Leander Today
Our team can help you obtain the financial recovery you need to move on. The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has been helping injured Texans fight for justice since 2002.
Call today for your free case evaluation. We are available 24/7 to help you.