About the Levaquin / Cipro / Avelox Lawsuit
Levaquin (levofloxacin) is one of the most widely used antibiotics in the United States, often prescribed to prevent bacteria from rapidly reproducing and causing infection. Many patients where given these drugs for normal everyday bacterial infections such as: Bronchitis or a Urinary Tract Infection. In fact, studies have shown patients should not have been given such a dramatic form of infection control and over prescribed patients not realizing the harmful side effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of Fluoroquinolones?
- Bowel and bladder problems
- Nerve spasms
- Burning pain
- Sharp or jabbing pain
- Dizziness, lightheadedness
- Changes in skin, nails or hair
- Changes in sensation to the body position
- Numbness in extremities
- Muscle weakness
- Heat intolerance
- Loss of coordination
- Extreme sensitivity to touch
Although peripheral neuropathy warnings were added to many of the medications in September 2004, it appears that this information was false and misleading. The warnings suggested that the peripheral neuropathy problems from Levaquin were rare and failed to disclose that users may be left with permanent nerve damage.
Many users may have been able to avoid permanent and debilitating nerve injury if adequate information had been provided about the potential link between Levaquin and peripheral neuropathy, informing users and the medical community about the importance of switching to a different antibiotic upon the onset of symptoms.
Do You Qualify For A Levaquin Lawsuit?
A continuing growing number of Levaquin lawsuits are being pursued by individuals throughout the United States who have discovered that nerve problems may have been caused by use of the medication. Even in some states, individuals who took the generic drugs may also be eligible for compensation. Attorneys are reviewing potential claims for individuals diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, or who have suffered symptoms of nerve damage.
Please call us now, (855) 776-5299 or use the convenient form on this page. A member of our legal team will be happy to contact you to begin your settlement claim.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens When You Get Into A Car Accident With No Insurance In Texas?
- After An Accident With A Commercial Truck, Do I Sue The Company Or The Driver?
- Who Is The Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, TX?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?
- I Was Injured While Riding As A Passenger On A Bus, Who Can I Sue?