Why hire a Lewisville personal injury lawyer from our office to fight for you? After an accident, the last thing you need is to spend your time grappling with insurance companies or parsing obscure legal jargon.
With an attorney from our firm at your side, you can pursue the financial recovery you need to rebuild your life and hold the at-fault party accountable for your losses. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ offers the help you deserve so you can focus on your well-being.
We Support Personal Injury Victims in Lewisville, Texas
Miller & Associates, PLLC™ knows how difficult it is to move on after an accident, especially one that could and should have been prevented. We believe that the at-fault party should be held legally and financially responsible for your injuries. Here is what we can do—and have done—for our clients.
Investigate the Accident
To establish your case, we must find convincing evidence of the four following points:
- The at-fault party had a responsibility to behave carefully to reduce the risk of injury to others.
- The at-fault party did not behave responsibly.
- The at-fault party’s irresponsibility caused your accident.
- Your accident caused your injuries.
Supporting each of these key points requires evidence, such as:
- Your testimony
- Witness testimony
- The police report
- Your medical records
- Video footage of the incident
- Your medical records and other bills
You can trust our legal team to gather the information required to prove negligence and establish your right to damages.
Fight for Your Recovery
A personal injury lawyer from our office can be especially useful when it comes to seeking recovery from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Our legal team serving Lewisville can:
- Manage communications with the involved parties by sending notifications, fielding phone calls, and attending in-person meetings
- Negotiate for the funds you need and deserve based on the severity of your injuries
- Argue your case in the courtroom before a judge and jury, if necessary
Provide Access to Your Lawyer
We stay in close contact with our clients from the beginning of their cases to the very end. Your lawyer answers all calls in a timely manner. We want each client to:
- Understand what is happening with their case at all times
- Be able to make important legal decisions
- Feel comfortable asking every pressing question and concern
Protect You from the Insurance Company
It is an insurance adjuster’s job to investigate any accident their client caused and offer financial recovery to the victim(s). However, because they work for the insurance company, their actions may reflect their employer’s interests more than yours. For instance, they may:
- Offer too little in recovery
- Deny their client had anything to do with the accident
- Accuse you of causing or contributing significantly to the accident (or of exaggerating how serious your injuries are)
Our team knows how to deal with insurance adjusters and the insurance company’s lawyers. If they try to contact you, you can tell them to speak to us instead, and we will take it from there.
Personal Injuries May Entitle You to Financial Recovery
The phrase “financial recovery” might make you think of recovery for financial losses or expenses. That may be part of what you receive, but you can also ask for recovery for other hardships related to your accident–including those without inherent financial values.
Economic Damages vs. Non-Economic Damages
You can ask for economic damages if the accident caused:
- Medical expenses, including both past and estimated future care costs
- Loss of income, or a temporary inability to go to work and earn a paycheck
- Reduced earning capacity, which refers to a permanent or long-term inability to earn the same income you did before
- Property damage expenses, particularly damage to a motor vehicle
Non-economic damages refer to physical and psychological injuries that do not come with price tags. These frequently include:
- Pain and suffering, or the overall physical and psychological toll the accident has had on you
- Disability, including the total or partial loss of use of any body part
- Reduced quality of life, which refers to your inability to resume the same or a comparable lifestyle to the one you enjoyed before
- Scarring, including any marks that substantially affect your appearance or your ability to use the injured area in the future
Personal injury lawsuits usually ask for both economic and non-economic damages. We can seek a fair recovery that includes reimbursement for financial, physical, and emotional harm.
When Can I File a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Texas law gives most personal injury victims two years to file lawsuits following their injuries. Missing this or any other legal deadline could put your case at risk.
If you meet the deadline, you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit if another party is partially or totally responsible for the accident that caused you harm. This rule applies to accidents of all kinds, including but not limited to:
- Traffic accidents involving cars, trucks, other vehicles, and pedestrians
- Slip and fall accidents and premises liability incidents
- Defective products, including drugs and medical devices
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries
- Workplace accidents, including construction accidents
While anyone can suffer almost any type of accident, some populations are at more risk than others. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), for instance, Texans aged 65 and older are at greater risk of falling than seniors in any other state; 33.9 percent of older adults in Texas reported falling in 2018.
The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is dedicated to pursuing justice and financial recovery for clients in Lewisville and throughout Texas.
We Can Fight for Financial Recovery
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has been helping personal injury victims recover financial awards since 2002. For a free case evaluation with a member of our team, call (713) 850-8600. We can provide you with a personal injury lawyer serving Lewisville to seek the recovery you need.