Arlington residents may be surprised to know that bicycles must follow the same rules of the road as a car, truck, or bus. This also means that other vehicles must give bicycles the same consideration. Unfortunately, some motorists are careless about sharing the road. This can lead to a serious or fatal accident.
If you were hurt in a bicycle accident, a bicycle accident lawyer serving Arlington can seek financial recovery on your behalf. You may be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost income, and other losses. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
What to Expect if You Were in a Bicycle Accident in Arlington
Your first action after a bicycle accident is to get medical care. Common bicycle accident injuries include:
- Skull fractures
- Concussion and other traumatic brain injuries
- Facial or dental fractures
- Fractured ribs
- Internal bleeding and damage to organs such as spleen, pancreas, or bowel
- Abrasions, lacerations, and contusions
Depending on your injuries, you may be hospitalized. You might also need surgery, followed by rehabilitative or physical therapy. Even if you have health insurance, you must pay deductibles, co-payments, and extra costs for expenses that your insurance does not cover.
Our team can help you recover these costs.
Let a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Serving Arlington Handle the Insurance Adjuster
To add to your stress, you might be receiving calls or correspondence from the other driver’s insurance company. The insurer may be pressuring you into accepting a quick settlement. They may be hoping you are desperate and willing to accept any settlement offer you are presented.
Fortunately, you are not alone. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is on your side. We will file a claim with the insurance company and negotiate a settlement offer. If we believe their offer is unreasonable and inadequate to compensate you for your injuries and damages, we are prepared to take your claim to court.
Our injury attorneys will assess your claims for injuries and damages. We know how insurance companies operate and stand up to them. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Arlington will build a strong claim to get you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600. We can meet you at your home or anywhere that is more convenient for you.
A Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Determine Liability and Potential Recovery
Many accidents could be avoided if motorists and bicyclists followed the rules of the road. An accident between a vehicle and a bicycle will almost always result in more serious injuries for the bicyclist. Motorists are expected to yield to bicycles when proper and allow them room to ride.
A personal injury lawyer will look at certain factors to determine liability and if you qualify for financial recovery. These factors include whether:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid the accident
- The driver breached this duty of care (such as by speeding or running you off the road)
- This action caused your injuries and damages. We can demonstrate this in the form of medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
It is common for the other party to deny responsibility or blame you for all or part of the accident. Do not worry. Our team will review the circumstances of your accident, including:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Review photos or videos of the accident scene, or from traffic cameras
- Analyze skid marks, debris, and other factors
- Look at the motorist’s driving record and history
- Talk to your healthcare provider about your injuries and health outlook
You may be entitled to recovery. A bicycle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will aggressively pursue recovery while you recuperate. For a free case evaluation, please call our firm today at (713) 850-8600.
Financial Recovery for Medical Bills and Other Damages
Please keep your receipts and medical bills. These are important proof of your accident-related expenses. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Arlington will seek financial recovery for damages such as:
- Ambulance and hospital bills
- Doctor and medical expenses
- Lifecare costs
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Reduced earning ability from injuries
- Reconstructive surgery
- Rehabilitative or physical therapy
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, we can help you file a wrongful death claim and seek justice for your loss.
Let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help with Your Case
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can handle your claim against the other driver’s insurance company. You have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the accident, per Texas statutes.
Find out how a bicycle accident lawyer helps you seek financial recovery. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
If you were hurt in a bicycle accident, our team is standing by to help.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- What Is a Deposition & How Do They Affect Personal Injury Cases?
- Are Employers Responsible for When Their Employees Cause Car Accidents?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?