Injuries from 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents continue to rise, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The Texas Department of Transportation reported more than 35,600 large truck accidents in Texas in 2017.
If you were involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, you might be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries and expenses. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can help.
18-Wheeler Accidents Cause Devastating Injuries
Motor vehicle accidents are the third leading cause of traumatic brain injuries, according to a 2013 report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Truck accidents can cause:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial and dental lacerations
- Crushed or broken bones
- Torn or twisted ligaments and soft tissue damage
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Puncture wounds
Please follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations if you are in the hospital or recuperating at home. As soon as you are able, call an 18-wheeler and semi-truck lawyer in Channelview. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC offers free case evaluations. Call 713-850-8600 today for yours.
An 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Will Stand Up for Your Rights
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer in Channelview, TX will protect your rights and pursue compensation from the responsible party. You might be qualified to recover damages that include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lifecare costs from the accident (for example, help around the house while you recuperate)
- Lost pay
- Reduced earnings (temporary or permanent)
- Car repair or replacement
- Car rental or alternative transportation reimbursement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
The Defendant’s Insurance Company Is Not on Your Side
It is our experience that insurance companies may try to deny, delay, or downplay a legitimate claim. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer in Channelview from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can handle pursuing compensation from the truck driver’s insurance. You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating. You might inadvertently jeopardize your claim when you discuss the accident.
An injury lawyer from our firm will stand up for your rights. In Texas, you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the date you were hurt. To find out more about your rights after an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Call 713-850-8600.
We Keep You Informed Throughout Your Claim
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is committed to helping injured and disabled clients recover the compensation they are entitled to receive. We have helped many neighbors in Channelview and nearby communities after all types of vehicle accidents.
After an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident, you probably have many questions. Most of all, you want to know that your rights are protected, including your right to seek compensation from the responsible party. This may be the first time you ever needed to talk to an attorney. Here is what you can expect as a valued client:
- You will have an attorney assigned to your case who will negotiate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf.
- Your team will keep you up-to-date throughout the claim process.
- Your attorney will advise you if and when your case goes to trial.
- All communication between you and your lawyer is safe and confidential.
Our firm works on a contingency basis. For a free, no-obligation case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
We Will Pursue Compensation from All Responsible Parties
The truck driver is rarely the only party responsible for a truck accident. It is possible that the trucking company is also responsible for the accident. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer in Channelview will ask to review the truck driver and truck company safety and training records.
In addition, an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer will evaluate other aspects of the accident, including:
- Police and accident reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Truck maintenance log
- Truck driver’s safety and driving history
- Any evidence of drug or alcohol use
A lawyer from our firm may also take photos of the accident location and even reconstruct the accident.
We Will Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will gather all your medical bills, repair bills, pay stubs, and other proof of expenses and submit them to the insurance adjuster.
Please keep in mind that the first offer from the truck driver’s insurance company is often low. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer in Channelview, TX will counter a lowball initial offer. This type of negotiation is common. Our law firm is dedicated to getting you the most compensation you are entitled to receive.
To see how an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can help with your case, please call 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- How Do You Respond to A Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?