If you or a loved one suffered traumatic brain injuries from an accident, you might be entitled to the financial recovery of damages such as medical bills and pain and suffering. The best way to find out if you qualify is to call a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Channelview for a free case evaluation.
Traumatic Brain Injuries Can Be the Result of Negligence
The Mayo Clinic states that traumatic brain injury is most often caused by a blow or other traumatic injury to the head or body. Some damage is permanent and life-threatening. The degree of damage depends on several factors, including the force of the impact and how quickly the person gets medical attention.
Common causes of traumatic brain injury include the following:
- Falls from ladders, stairs, or falling objects onto the head.
- Motor vehicle accidents including collisions with motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, mopeds, trucks, and busses.
- Acts of violence including assault and domestic violence.
- Sports particularly football, baseball, lacrosse, and skateboarding.
Negligence can be a factor in these causes of traumatic brain injury. For example, an unsecured heavy box at work hits an employee on the head. Another example of negligence is a reckless driver who collides with a motorcycle, and the rider is ejected onto the roadway.
As traumatic brain injury lawyers in Channelview, we have seen the tragic results of this condition on victims and their families. That is why you should schedule a free case evaluation to find out if you or your loved one can recover damages. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a complimentary case evaluation.
Many Traumatic Brain Injuries Need Immediate, Specialized Care
Mild brain injuries, including concussions, can temporarily disrupt normal brain activity. Someone with a mild traumatic brain injury needs to be watched closely for persistent, worsening, or new symptoms. Patients can typically recover at home.
More serious injuries need hospitalization and specialized care. Sometimes emergency surgery or anti-seizure medications are needed to prevent permanent brain damage, coma, or loss of life. All these life-saving measures can lead to huge medical bills. If you are in the hospital or must take time off from work to care for a loved one with a traumatic brain injury, you might not get paid.
A Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Channelview Can Seek Financial Recovery
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we will figure out who is responsible and if you and your loved one are eligible for recovery. Depending on the circumstances that led to the traumatic brain injury, a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Channelview will consider a few factors:
- If the injury is the result of a car accident, did the other driver uphold a duty of care to follow the rules of the road and avoid the accident?
- Did this breach of duty cause the accident and injuries?
- Are there financial damages in the form of medical bills and other expenses?
If a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Channelview finds that the other party is responsible, you could qualify for financial recovery. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits. Although a lawyer from our firm would pursue recovery from the other person’s insurance coverage, we may file a lawsuit if we cannot reach a fair settlement.
To learn if you qualify for financial recovery, please call a traumatic brain injury lawyer in Channelview at (713) 850-8600.
What Is Included in Financial Recovery for a Traumatic Brain Injury
If someone’s negligence caused you or a loved one to suffer a traumatic brain injury, a traumatic brain injury lawyer can seek financial recovery. This recovery is in the form of compensatory damages, and may include:
- Ambulance, emergency department services, and hospital stays
- MRI, CAT scans, and other tests to diagnose the extent of the injury
- Ongoing medical and life care expenses
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability that is temporary or permanent
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Why You Should Talk to a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Channelview
You are not required to hire a traumatic brain injury lawyer to file a claim against the liable party’s insurance coverage. However, there are several benefits to you with a traumatic brain injury attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC:
- We have recovered damages for clients with similar injuries.
- If you are the injured person, you need to rest and recuperate as instructed by your healthcare provider.
- If you are the spouse, parent, or other related caregivers to the patient, you do not need the added stress of dealing with an insurance adjuster.
- Texas liability and negligence laws can be tricky.
- Our firm works on a contingency basis only.
Another benefit that we offer our clients is our experience as skilled negotiators and litigators. We know all the tactics that insurance companies sometimes use to deny, delay, or downplay legitimate claims. We will vigorously pursue a fair and acceptable insurance settlement. If we cannot, we could take your case to court. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Let Us Help
A traumatic brain injury lawyer in Channelview is on your side. The insurance company is not. Let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC pursue your rightful recovery. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- What Are Your Legal Options If Someone Is Killed in A Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
- Are Employers Responsible for When Their Employees Cause Car Accidents?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?
- What If a Family Member Is Too Seriously Injured to Contact a Lawyer?