Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) is a crime in Channelview, Texas, but more than that, it is a leading factor in motor vehicle accident injuries. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 3,530 drunk driving accidents with injuries in 2017. More than 1,000 Texans lost their lives in alcohol-related accidents during the same year.
Were you involved in an accident with a drunk driver? A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Channelview, TX will evaluate your case for free to see if you qualify for a recovery. You have legal rights as a victim of this terrible accident. To schedule a free case evaluation with a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Channelview, TX, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Please Get Medical Care After Your Accident
If you have not done so, please see your healthcare provider right away. Some injuries are not evident at first, so it is important to have a medical professional examine you. You should be aware that not all injuries from a drunk driving accident are physical. If you are having trouble sleeping or other emotional trauma, please consult a licensed mental health provider.
We ask that you keep all medical bills and related expenses to send to the drunk driver’s insurance company as part of your claim.
Why You Should Contact a Drunk Driving (DWI) Accident and Injury Lawyer in Channelview
As soon as you are feeling well enough, we invite you to call our drunk driving accident and injury lawyers in Channelview for a free case evaluation. Dealing with the aftermath of a drunk driving accident is not something that you should do on your own.
What To Do if You’re Hurt By A Drunk Driver?
- You may be recuperating from the physical and emotional injuries caused by the drunk driver.
- You likely do not know about liability to protect your rights as a plaintiff fully.
- You may feel too angry or upset to make the wisest decision about your future.
A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Channelview is your safe and confidential legal advocate. It is best to leave all communication with the other driver’s insurance adjuster to a lawyer who handles these kinds of cases.
For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Texas Has Time Limits for Personal Injury Lawsuits
You should also know that you have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit if you decide to do so. Texas statutes have a two-year deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit against the drunk driver or other liable parties.
Our drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyers in Channelview, TX are often able to seek a recovery through an insurance settlement. It is our experience that many drivers do not want the unfavorable publicity or expense of a trial. A lawyer from our firm will negotiate with the insurance adjuster but can also take your case to court.
We Pursue the Maximum Recovery You Might Receive
The annual cost of alcohol-related accidents in the United States is $44 billion, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. You should not have to bear the burden of medical bills and other expenses caused by a drunk driver. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer will aggressively pursue available recovery.
Each case is unique, but in general, the following are typical damages that a lawyer will pursue:
- Past and future medical bills
- Rehabilitative, physical, occupational, and/or mental therapy
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability (temporary or permanent)
- Property repair or replacement
- Transportation expenses to the doctor if your car is undrivable or you are not able to drive
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
You did not choose to be hurt by a drunk driver. You can choose to have a lawyer pursue a recovery for your damages. To schedule a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call (713) 850-8600.
Understanding How We Prove Liability and Seek A Recovery for You
A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Channelview, TX is your legal advocate to get you the recovery you may be entitled to receive. The drunk driver may be facing criminal charges, but this does not affect your right to seek a recovery. However, a DWI conviction would help strengthen your claim of negligence.
The process of proving liability in a drunk driving accident and injury case includes:
- Duty of care means the defendant (the drunk driver) had a duty of care to avoid harm to the plaintiff (you).
- Breach of duty is evident by the fact that the driver got behind the wheel despite being intoxicated.
- Causation means that this breach of duty caused injuries to the plaintiff.
- Damages are the physical, mental, and financial costs from accident-related injuries.
A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may also find that other people or entities share the responsibility for the accident. For example, if a drunk driver hits you in a company car, it is possible that the employer can be found liable.
Talk to a Lawyer Who Accepts Drunk Driving (DWI) Accident and Injury Cases
Not all law firms include drunk driving accident and injury cases in their practice areas. Our law firm does. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will protect your rights and pursue a recovery if you qualify.
Please call (713) 850-8600 for your free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Is It Always Your Fault If You Rear End Someone In Texas?
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- Can I Sue My Employer If I Am Injured at Work?
- What is ‘Loss of Future Earning Capacity’ & How Does it Apply to Injury Cases?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?