There is an 80 percent chance of injury or loss of life for a motorcyclist involved in an accident, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you might need weeks or months of care and rest, depending on your injuries. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can tell you if you qualify for a recovery of medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycles are easy to maneuver and do not need as many trips to the gas station as cars. What motorcycles offer in terms of economic and fun transportation they lack in safety when compared to a typical passenger car. There is no protection in a collision, and riders are often ejected onto the roadway.
That is why many motorcycle accidents end in tragedy, with either catastrophic injuries or loss of life. These injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Facial or dental laceration
- Broken or crushed bones
- Punctured lungs or other organ damage
- Spine or neck injury resulting in partial or total paralysis
If you or a loved one have been severely hurt in a motorcycle accident, you deserve to know if you can seek a recovery. Catastrophic injuries can easily bankrupt a family with lifecare costs and loss of income. Please do not delay talking to a motorcycle accident lawyer. Texas statutes have a two-year time limit on filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer in Channelview, TX to discuss your eligibility for a recovery. For a free consultation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
We Find Out What Caused Your Accident and Identify the Responsible Party
Many motorcycle accidents occur at intersections. Motorcycles are smaller and more difficult to see when compared to cars. Intersections and other busy traffic areas are particularly dangerous for riders. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the staff and resources to investigate the cause of your accident.
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Channelview, TX will evaluate the circumstances, conditions, and parties involved in your accident. This process includes:
- Assess your injuries and speak with your healthcare provider
- Read police and accident reports
- Take photographs of the accident scene, your motorcycle, and your injuries
- Review witness statements
- Request red-light camera or other closed-circuit camera videos if available
- Reconstruct the accident if needed
How We Determine the Liable Party
As a motorcycle rider, you have an obligation to follow the rules of the road. It is expected that as a licensed motorcycle operator, you will take reasonable measures to avoid an accident.
This is also true of the motorist involved in your accident. They had a duty of care to obey traffic signals, speed limits, and other safe conduct. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Channelview will show that the motorist breached this duty of care and caused the accident.
Four Steps to Establishing Liability:
- The driver had a duty of care to avoid the accident.
- The driver breached this duty of care in some way (for example, distracted driving).
- This failure caused the accident and your injuries.
- You have physical, mental, and financial damages.
To find out if you qualify for a recovery, please call a motorcycle accident lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
You Could Recover Damages
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Channelview will gather everything needed to file a claim with the liable party’s insurance company. These documents include:
- Medical bills
- Notes from your healthcare provider about your prognosis
- All accident-related expenses
- A detailed account of your physical, mental, and financial suffering
A motorcycle accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will communicate with the insurance company on your behalf. Our team of lawyers, investigators, and other professionals will pursue a recovery so you may concentrate on resting and feeling better.
Some of the damages you might recover include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and/or benefits
- Reduced earning potential
- Diminished quality of life
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Vehicle or property damage
- Car rental or other transportation
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
It is essential that you consult with a lawyer who understands motorcycle accidents. Our firm has helped many injured riders to recover damages for medical bills and other expenses. We know that each case is unique depending on the type and severity of the collision. To discuss your accident, please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers can help you if you were injured in an accident involving:
- Other vehicles
- Fixed objects
- Defective part or repair
Drunk Driving and Hit and Run Accidents
According to the NHTSA, 43 percent of all motorcycle accident fatalities are alcohol-related. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Channelview will protect your rights if a drunk driver struck you.
An accident is defined as a hit and run if the other driver flees the scene without stopping to offer aid or identification. If you were injured in a hit and run accident and the other driver cannot be found, you could seek a recovery through your own insurance coverage. A motorcycle accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will review your insurance policy to find potential recovery.
Call (713) 850-8600 for Your Free Case Evaluation
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Channelview, TX will pursue a recovery if you qualify. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?