Accidents involving large commercial trucks can affect your physical, mental, and financial health for months or even years. The responsible party who injured you should be held accountable. A truck accident lawyer in Channelview, TX can tell you if you qualify to recover damages such as medical bills and auto repairs.
What You Should Do if You are Injured in a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) Accident in Channelview
Located where the San Jacinto River forms Old River, Channelview had more than 38,000 residents in 2010, according to the Texas State Historical Association. Channelview is quickly becoming a popular suburb to the metropolitan Houston area. Unfortunately, more people typically means more accidents, including oversized truck accidents.
If you were hurt in an accident involving a heavy truck, you might have severe injuries and property damage. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, a commercial motor vehicle (CMV) has a gross combination weight of 26,001 or more pounds.
As truck accident lawyers in Channelview, we recommend that you take the following actions:
- Get medical care as soon as possible.
- Keep all receipts and bills.
- Take photos of your vehicle and other damaged property.
- Follow your healthcare professional’s recommendations for follow-up care.
- Refrain from posting about your accident on social media.
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance adjuster without consulting a truck accident lawyer.
Please call our truck accident lawyers in Channelview today for a free case evaluation. Call (713) 850-8600 or use this online form.
Common Injuries From Truck Accidents
Channelview is in Harris County. The Texas Department of Transportation reported 5,876 truck accidents in 2017 for Harris County. Collisions with a large truck can result in severe injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Facial lacerations and abrasions
- Fractured, broken, or crushed bones
- Broken jaw and/or teeth
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
You could be recuperating for some time. However, the time limit for filing a truck accident claim or lawsuit is brief. Under Texas statutes, you have just two years to file a truck accident lawsuit. It takes time to gather all the information to send a claim with the liable driver’s insurance company.
Fortunately, a truck accident lawyer in Channelview can pursue compensation on your behalf. This lets you take it easy and focus on feeling better. To learn more and to schedule a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Shows Liability
Did the truck driver swerve into your lane? Were you stopped at a red light when you were struck from behind? Sometimes it is clear who is to blame for an accident. A truck accident lawyer can show that the other driver is at fault by:
- The truck driver had a duty of care to avoid the accident.
- The truck driver breached this duty of care for some reason (for example, texting while driving).
- This behavior caused the accident and your injuries.
- You have physical, emotional, and financial damages.
A truck accident lawyer in Channelview will review your injuries and other aspects of your case. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the staff and resources to get to work right away.
While you are recuperating, our team will perform the following actions to help get you to recover your damages:
- Investigation: We review police records, witness statements, photographs, medical records, and applicable traffic laws and statutes.
- Negotiation: We send necessary documents and will speak with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Litigation: We take your case to trial should the insurance company wrongfully deny your claim or is unwilling to offer a fair settlement.
A Truck Accident Lawyer in Channelview Can Help You Recover Potential Compensation
Depending on the circumstances of your truck accident, you could be entitled to recover for your damages. If the truck driver is primarily responsible for the collision, you might be entitled to compensation for such damages as:
- Past and predicted medical bills
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability (if you cannot work at your earlier job or have other limitations from the accident)
- Car and property repair or replacement
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
How a Lawyer Seeks Compensation in a Truck Accident
It is likely that a truck accident lawyer in Channelview will pursue your claim against the truck driver’s insurance, not from the driver personally. However, there are circumstances where this could happen. These include:
- Your injuries exhaust the driver’s insurance coverage
- The driver is underinsured or uninsured
A truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC might also pursue compensation from the truck driver’s employer. Commercial trucking firms have an obligation to supply training and safety instruction. If they do not train their drivers, a truck company could be liable.
You deserve to know your options when it comes to a potential claim. You should call a truck accident lawyer in Channelview, TX for a free case evaluation. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Our Firm Handles Truck and Other Kinds of Motor Vehicle Accidents
In addition to truck accidents, the lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accept other motor vehicle accidents. We help clients involved in collisions with:
If you were hurt in a truck accident, call for a free case evaluation with a truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Please call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Do You Get For Pain And Suffering After A Car Accident In Texas?
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- How Long Do You Have to File A Claim for A Slip and Fall Injury in Texas?
- How Much Should You Expect in A Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?
- Whose Insurance Do You File a Dog Bite Injury Claim in Texas?