If you suffered injuries in a commercial vehicle accident, you may be able to pursue financial recovery to help pay for your medical care, property damage, and more. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Dallas, TX may be able to secure the evidence necessary to prove your claim. Let a member of the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC team evaluate your case for free today.
Call (713) 850-8600 now to discuss your accident and injuries with us. We may be able to take action on your behalf based on the facts of your case.
Let A Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Dallas, TX Evaluate Your Case
Commercial vehicle accident cases can seem somewhat complex because of a legal doctrine known as respondeat superior. This common law doctrine means that the company who employs a worker may be vicariously liable for that worker’s negligent actions if they occur while the worker is on the job.
Respondeat superior comes into play in many commercial vehicle accident cases, allowing your attorney to file an insurance claim based on the corporate liability policy of the at-fault driver’s employer. We know how to navigate these cases and how to determine if vicarious liability may apply in your case.
The trucking company may be vicariously liable when:
- The negligent driver who caused the accident is classified as an employee of the company in question (not an independent contractor, for example)
- The negligent driver was working and engaged in actions within the “course and scope” of their position when the accident occurred
Since 2002, our lawyers have worked with clients who sustained injuries and damages in accidents related to employer vehicles. When we represent a victim of this type of accident, we:
- Evaluate the strength of the case to better understand the victim’s options
- Determine if we may be able to hold the driver’s employer vicariously liable
- Deal with the insurance company so our client can focus on their healing and physical recovery
- Investigate the accident and secure the necessary evidence to prove their claim
- Secure financial recovery through a negotiated agreement or take the case to trial, if necessary
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600 to learn more about how our lawyers may be able to help you pursue financial recovery.
We Can Pursue Financial Awards
The goal of filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit is to secure financial recovery. When we pursue this type of action on behalf of a commercial vehicle accident victim, we will work toward providing the evidence necessary to support our client’s claim. A pursuit of this kind generally necessitates documentation of a wide range of accident-related expenses and losses, which shows the potentially recoverable damages our client suffered.
Some of the damages we frequently pursue for traffic accident victims include:
- Medical treatment and related expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning ability if they cannot return to work
- Property damage, including repair or replacement of their vehicle
- Pain and suffering and mental anguish
Some families may qualify to receive financial recovery in the form of wrongful death damages. If a member of your immediate family passed away following a crash involving an employer’s vehicle, a commercial vehicle accident lawyer can discuss your legal options with you following your free case evaluation.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Dallas-Fort Worth
Dallas supports many corporations, service providers, distributors, and other commercial ventures. AT&T and Energy Transfer Equity in Dallas and other corporations are just outside of downtown, such as Exxon Mobil in nearby Irving, TX.
With so many companies calling Dallas home, there are innumerable commercial vehicles and company cars on the roads in and around the city. This includes:
- Semi trucks and 18-wheelers
- Delivery trucks
- Dump trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Work vans
- Construction and landscaping trucks
- Corporate cars
- Food trucks
If you sustained injuries in a Dallas commercial vehicle accident, you may be able to file an insurance claim and hold the negligent driver’s employer liable. Reach out to D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today to discuss your case and get help from a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving the greater Dallas area.
Talk to Our Firm Today
Texas law limits how long you can wait to take legal action in your Dallas commercial vehicle accident case. You only have a limited time to file a civil suit before you lose the right to do so. It is important that you consider your options for holding the liable party accountable and seeking recovery as early in the process as possible.
Many of our clients reach out to our commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Dallas, TX as soon as possible. We can evaluate their case immediately. Our case evaluation determines if we believe you have the evidence necessary to prove negligence and liability. After we discuss the facts of your case, one of our attorneys can explain your legal options.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you seek and secure financial recovery following your accident. Call (713) 850-8600 today to get started.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?