Based on the 2017 report from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, there were over 4,800 fatal crashes involving large trucks and buses, a 9 percent increase from 2016. If you or a family member were injured in a truck accident, you could qualify for financial recovery for medical bills, property damage, pain and suffering, and other losses. You should know that you have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation. A truck accident lawyer serving Fort Bend County, TX, will fight for the recovery you deserve: (713) 850-8600.
Why You Should Call a Truck Accident Lawyer
Sometimes people are reluctant to call a lawyer because they feel they can take care of the situation on their own. While you are not compelled to have a lawyer represent you, it is in your best interest to at least consult a truck accident lawyer after the accident.
There are several benefits to you and your family when you call a truck accident lawyer:
- If you are like most people, you do not have a deep understanding of liability and negligence laws to fully protect your legal rights.
- You may be recovering from your injuries and should not have the added stress of dealing with an insurance adjuster.
- A lawyer will take care of all the necessary details in filing a claim, negotiating with the insurance company, or preparing your case for trial.
- A truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC works on a contingency basis only.
- A member of our team will explain your legal options during a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Under Texas statute of limitations, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you, unfortunately, lost a loved one, you have two years from the date of the passing of a loved one in the accident to file. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Choose a Law Firm That Handles Truck Accidents
There are many steps in pursuing recovery after a truck accident. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled people who were harmed by someone’s intentional or reckless behavior.
Our truck accident lawyers serving Fort Bend County accept many types of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Large trucks both commercial and private
- 18-wheeler and semi-trucks
- Rollover accidents
- Hit and run
- Left-turn accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accident injuries
- Drowsy driving collisions
- Motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian, and moped accidents
We are here to help you pursue recovery for your injuries and damages.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Seeks Recovery
Truck accidents usually involve negligence. A truck accident lawyer serving Fort Bend County, TX, will examine the circumstances of your accident to figure out who is primarily responsible for your injuries and damages. In some cases, there may be more than one liable party.
Proving liability requires we do the following:
- Establish that the truck driver owed you a duty of care to be a safe, considerate driver, and avoid the accident if possible.
- Demonstrate that the truck driver breached this duty of care for some reason (drunk driving, for example).
- Show this breach caused your injuries and damages such as medical bills, lost wages, mental anguish, and other losses.
Our truck accident lawyers serving Fort Bend County, TX are committed to getting you the financial recovery you deserve. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Not All Truck Accidents Have the Same Damages
Our truck accident lawyers have recovered all different types of damages for other clients, but this does not guarantee the outcome of your situation. However, we understand what is required to show liability and the proof that insurance companies need to consider a claim.
Some common damages in a truck accident include:
- Medical bills, both past, and future
- Lost wages, both current and future
- Reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disability and/or disfigurement
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
We Pursue Recovery First from the Defendant’s Insurance
If you were injured by a commercial truck, a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will likely pursue recovery from the company’s coverage first.
In many truck accidents, the defendant prefers that your damages are recovered through an insurance settlement. Lawsuits can be expensive and time-consuming. However, this will not deter a truck accident lawyer if they believe it is in your best interest, and if you agree.
The sooner you call our firm, the faster we can evaluate your case at no cost or obligation to you. Call (713) 850-8600 to find out if you are entitled to financial recovery for your truck accident injuries and damages.
Let Us Seek Recovery for the Loss of a Loved One
The lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue financial recovery for medical bills, final expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering with a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Call for a Free Case Evaluation
A truck accident lawyer serving Fort Bend County, TX, will help you seek the recovery you deserve. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Sue If My Knee Replacement Gets Infected?
- Are the Benefits From Workers’ Compensation Taxable In Texas?
- What Happens If You’re Injured by a Drunk Driver Who Has No Car Insurance in Texas?
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- What Should You Do If You’re Involved in A Motorcycle Accident in Texas?