If you were injured in a truck accident, you should know your rights. A truck accident lawyer in Galveston, TX can tell you if you are entitled to recovery for damages, such as medical bills and lost wages. There are some legal requirements, including a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the accident. This means you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
A truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can determine if you qualify to recover damages. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Truck Accidents Can Mean Severe Injuries
If you have not seen a healthcare professional yet, do so at once. Some kinds of injuries and trauma may not show up right after an accident. It is vital that you see your doctor or any other medical provider as soon as possible.
If you have been examined or are in the hospital now, it is important to document your condition. Keep all medical bills, test results, and other health documents.
Some of the more common injuries from a truck accident include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Bruises, scrapes, and abrasions
Severe injuries that can result from a truck accident include:
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crushed bones
- Partial or total paralysis
- Internal bleeding and organ damages
You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recovering from your injuries. Let us handle the truck driver’s insurance adjuster. Our personal injury legal services are on a contingency basis. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
We Stand Up to the Insurance Company
You may have been contacted by the driver’s employer or their insurance adjuster. We urge you not to speak with them, for a few reasons:
- You may be in pain, angry, or otherwise too upset to calmly consider all factors.
- You might be taking pain medication that temporarily clouds your judgment.
- You may be tempted to accept the first offer, even if it is low, to put the accident behind you and move on.
Please do not take any action that could cost you in the future. Our truck accident lawyers in Galveston, TX are skilled negotiators who do all they can to maximize available recovery. We will assess your injuries, property damage, and health prognosis to send a detailed claim. There is typically some back and forth communication as we negotiate an acceptable settlement.
For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Recovering From the Liable Party or Parties
You have the right to pursue recovery if the truck driver is primarily responsible for the accident. A truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will look at several factors to determine liability. These include:
- Establish that the truck driver had a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid the collision.
- Show that the truck driver neglected this duty of care and caused the accident.
- Demonstrate that this negligence led to bodily injuries, property damage, or loss of life.
- Prove damages from these injuries in the form of doctor’s bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
There could be more than one party responsible for the accident, even if it was indirectly. That is why a truck accident lawyer will consider the available forms of liability for potential recovery. They are:
- Direct liability for causing the accident and later injuries and damages.
- Vicarious liability is a specific relationship between the defendant and another party.
- Respondeat Superior could hold the defendant’s employer accountable.
A truck accident lawyer from our firm might pursue recovery from the truck driver and his or her employer. There are many steps in a truck accident insurance claim. To learn more, please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Will Seek the Recovery You May Be Entitled To
You might have significant expenses related to the truck accident. In addition to economic losses, you might be experiencing depression, anxiety, or other forms of pain and suffering. A truck accident lawyer from our firm will compile all your bills as part of the claim against the driver’s insurance company.
Your case may be different, but the most common types of damages in a truck accident include:
- Medical bills including doctor visits, hospitalization, and emergency services
- Lost wages due to the accident
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Decreased earning ability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Wrongful Death Claims
If you lost a loved one in the accident, please accept our condolences. We can file a wrongful death on your behalf for compensatory damages such as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost income had your loved one lived a normal life expectancy
- Medical bills until your loved one’s passing
- Pain and suffering
Texas Ranks Among Top Ten States for Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the Lone Star State is among the top ten states for deadly truck and bus accidents. Distracted driving and speeding are among the leading factors in these collisions.
The heavyweight of these trucks, which can be as much as 14,000 pounds, making serious injuries more likely. A truck accident lawyer from our firm will make sure that your rights are protected, including your right to pursue potential recovery from the truck driver.
Free Case Evaluation
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident, we are here to help. We invite you to call our truck accident lawyers in Galveston, TX for a free case evaluation. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- What Happens If The Other Driver Was Drunk In My Texas Car Accident?
- What Is the Value of a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Texas?
- Are Drunk Driving Accidents Handled Differently Than Normal Car Accident Injury Cases?
- Can You Sue Uber Or Lyft For Injuries In An Accident In Texas?