If you were injured in an accident in which the at-fault driver was intoxicated, you deserve serious compensation, money that — unfortunately — is not always easy to get. The other driver’s insurance company will be looking for ways to shield its insured from liability, and reduce or deny your claim. A drunk driving (DWI) accident & injury lawyer in Houston can fight for your rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation.
The team of attorneys at D. Miller & Associates has been representing victims of drunk driving accidents for many years, helping them get the money they deserve for their injuries and property damage. We know how to take on the insurance company and the other driver’s legal team, ensuring that your settlement is fair and robust.
If you were involved in a drunk driving accident in Houston, schedule a free consultation with D. Miller & Associates today. Let us make you our next satisfied client. To set up your appointment, call us at 713-850-8600.
Why Hire a Drunk Driving Accident Attorney in Houston?
A drunk driving accident can leave you with astronomical medical bills, substantial vehicle and property damage, and indescribable pain and suffering, your injuries potentially taking months or longer to heal, if they ever heal completely.
The other driver’s insurance company might call and offer you a settlement quickly after the crash, and this offer might seem generous and benevolent. Rest assured, however, that if you accept the first offer the insurance company puts in front of you, you are leaving thousands — and potentially millions — of dollars on the table.
Chances are, this settlement will come before you have received a prognosis from your doctor. If you take this settlement and your prognosis is worse than you expected, you cannot reopen the claim and get the compensation you need.
The legal team at D. Miller & Associates can help you win a fair and robust settlement, one that includes all the compensation you deserve and does not leave money on the table. We start by doing the following:
- Collecting police reports, witness statements, and other evidence from the scene;
- Reviewing photos of your accident;
- Looking at surveillance footage of the crash, if available;
- Consulting with expert witnesses and accident reconstruction specialists;
- Gathering your medical records;
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf.
We will use the evidence we gather to ensure your case is thorough and compelling, leading to a fair and substantial settlement.
How Much Is My Drunk Driving Accident Claim Worth?
While it is difficult to estimate the value of your drunk driving accident claim ahead of time, you could be eligible for a long list of damages, both economic and noneconomic.
We will ensure your settlement includes all the following economic damages, so long as they are applicable to your claim:
- Medical bills: You are entitled to compensation for all current and future medical costs associated with your accident injuries, including hospital bills, doctor visits, physical therapy, and prescription medications.
- Lost earnings: You can receive compensation for the income you are unable to earn due to missing work for your injuries.
- Reduced earning capacity: If your injuries prevent you from doing the same work as before, reducing your ability to earn a living, we seek compensation to make up the difference in what you are earning and what you should be earning.
We also build a strong case to pursue noneconomic damages (losses that cannot be quantified with exact dollar figures) such as:
- Pain and suffering: You deserve payment for what you have been through, and we seek the maximum damages allowed by law.
- Loss of consortium: You are also eligible for damages on behalf of your loved ones for their loss of companionship and services you generally provide for them (e.g., household repairs).
- Punitive damages: Because drunk driving demonstrates not only negligence but also a wanton disregard for other drivers’ safety, we can pursue punitive damages on top of the other compensation for which you qualify.
- Wrongful death: If you lost a loved one due to a drunk driving accident, we can file a wrongful death claim against the responsible party.
How Your Drunk Driving Accident Claim Unfolds
The D. Miller & Associates team has fought and won compensation for many drunk driving accident victims. One reason for these successes is our thorough and methodical process.
At your initial free consultation, we review the details of your case, answer all your questions, and, if you decide to move forward, we immediately proceed to the next step, gathering evidence and building your claim.
Next, we begin the negotiation process with the insurance company, as well as the at-fault driver and his or her legal team. Having calculated the full scope of damages we feel you deserve, we pursue this amount aggressively, not accepting a reduced settlement that leaves money that should be yours on the table.
Finally, if the other party or the insurance company is unwilling to settle for an agreeable amount, we file a lawsuit and try your case in front of a jury.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
For drunk driving accident representation in Houston, call D. Miller & Associates. No one fights harder for the money you deserve. Call 713-850-8600 to schedule your free consultation with a Houston injury attorney.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Is It Always Your Fault If You Rear End Someone In Texas?
- What Is the Value of a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Texas?
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?