Drunk driving accidents can cause senseless destruction for victims and their family members. You could be entitled to recovery if you were the victim in a drunk driving accident. You also have legal rights as a surviving family member, if a loved one passed away in the collision.
It can be challenging for most people to understand Texas liability and negligence statutes. If you are the victim of a drunk driving accident, you deserve to know your legal rights. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Humble, TX can help. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Accidents Involving a Drunk Driver Can Result in Severe Injury or Loss of Life
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, alcohol was a factor in 24,689 traffic accidents that occurred in Texas in 2016. In 2017, 1,024 people lost their lives because the driver of a vehicle was intoxicated. Drivers are considered intoxicated if their blood alcohol concentration is .08 grams per deciliter or higher.
You may be in the hospital or recuperating at home from injuries due to a drunk driver. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury attorney serving Humble will help hold the driver accountable on your behalf.
Depending on your injuries, you may qualify for financial recovery for damages, such as:
- Medical bills; including ambulance, hospitalization, rehabilitative therapy, and other related expenses
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Temporary or permanent disability such as paralysis
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Texas does not have a predetermined monetary amount for damages resulting from a drunk driving accident. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Humble will work hard to help get you the financial recovery you deserve. For a free, no-obligation case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
A Drunk Driving (DWI) Accident and Injury Lawyer Serving Humble Protects Your Rights
You are hurt because someone drove while intoxicated and caused your injuries. As car accident lawyers serving Humble, we have seen the tragic results of these accidents. Some injuries from drunk driving accidents can take weeks, months, or even years to recover from. Some people even have permanent scars or disabilities from these accidents.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we focus our practice to helping people like you who have been injured in an accident because of someone else’s negligent behavior. Our goal is to help get you financial recovery by holding the drunk driver responsible.
A Lawyer With D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Will Get the Facts of Your Case
Here is how we typically proceed in a drunk driving (DWI) accident case:
- Conduct a detailed evaluation of your accident
- Collect all expenses including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage
- Evaluate police reports, witness statements, driver’s history, and photos or videos from the accident scene
- Submit a detailed demand to the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Take your case to trial, if we are unable to reach a fair settlement
We seek recovery first from the driver’s insurance carrier. If we cannot reach an acceptable insurance settlement, we could take your case to court and seek recovery through a verdict. In Texas, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please call our firm at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Substantial Injuries Can Be More Likely in a Drunk Driving (DWI) Accident
Motor vehicle accidents caused by drunk driving often result in serious injuries, such as:
- Broken, crushed, or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damages
- Facial lacerations
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nerve damages
If you did not need emergency care after the accident, you should still get medical attention, as soon as possible. A medical professional can accurately assess your physical and mental health after the accident.
If a Family Member Passed Away Due to a Drunk Driving (DWI) Accident
If you are a surviving family member of a relative who passed away from injuries sustained in a drunk driving accident, please accept our condolences.
Unfortunately, drunk drivers take the lives of many innocent victims. According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), a life is lost to drunk driving every 51 minutes.
A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Humble can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit for you and other surviving family members. You may be entitled to financial recovery for pain and suffering, funeral expenses, and other related damages.
It Is Devastating to Lose a Loved One to a Drunk Driver. We Want to Help.
A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer will file a claim against the drunk driver’s insurance on your behalf.
You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster or the defendant’s lawyer (if applicable) on your own. Please let a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC help pursue recovery for you. For a free case evaluation, call 713-850-8600. We want to help you seek justice for your loved one.
Our Law Firm Is Dedicated to Exceptional Client Service
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured people throughout Texas. Our entire team is committed to exceptional client service that includes:
- Constant communication and updates about your case
- Attentive and compassionate help for you and your family
- Valuable client and community information through our multiple outreach platforms, including our live Facebook shows
- A fully confidential lawyer-client relationship
If a drunk driver injured you or caused a family member to pass away, get help from a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Humble. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?