If you were hurt in an auto accident involving a bus caused by a liable party’s negligence or careless action, you may be suffering from severe pain, as well as high medical debt and lost pay from being out of work.
If so, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you file a claim or a lawsuit against the at-fault party and recover your damages. To find out more about your legal options, contact a bus accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX at 713-850-8600 and set up a free legal consultation.
What Caused the Bus Accident?
Several factors may have caused the bus accident, such as:
- Driver intoxication (DWI) or DUI
- Defective auto part
- Distracted driving or driving while on the phone
- Unsafe road conditions
- Negligent or careless third-party accident
- Inadequate bus operator training
Our firm of personal injury lawyers can go over the details of the accident and identify the cause of the wreck, as well as the person liable for your injuries. We can also determine what the best strategy is for working out a settlement with the at-fault party or their insurance company.
A Bus Accident Lawyer Can Help You Establish Liability
Establishing liability for your injuries depends on several factors of the case, including the nature of the accident and how the other party’s actions led to your injuries.
Liable parties involved in a bus accident often include:
- The bus driver
- A third-party driver
- The bus manufacturer
- The bus carrier
- A mechanic or maintenance technician
- A road crew
HEADING 3: How We Can Help You With Your Case
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC bus accident lawyer can help manage your case in the following ways:
Provide Legal Representation
A bus accident attorney can represent you during litigation so that you don’t have to engage with the at-fault party or the insurance company. If your case goes to court, we can act as your sole attorneys to ensure your case is heard.
Help You Build Your Case
Building your case includes providing sufficient evidence of liability and case value. The evidence we may gather includes:
- Police reports of the accident
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Expert testimony
- Medical records, bills, or receipts
- A previous accident report or driving records from the driver or company
Negotiate a Fair Settlement
The at-fault party’s insurance company may attempt to deny or minimize your claim. Having a legal representative in your corner may give you the leverage you need to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company. We will talk to the insurance adjuster on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve.
File a Lawsuit
If you are not satisfied with the insurance company’s final settlement offer, then we may explore your legal options and take your case to court. We may help you file a lawsuit so that you can pursue full recovery of your damages.
Call us today at 713-850-8600 for a no-obligation consultation with a bus accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX.
Damages That You May be Able to Claim in a Bus Accident
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC attorney can go over all damages to determine if you can claim the following:
Medical and Hospital Expenses
If you suffered from severe injuries, you may have incurred expenses such as:
- Ambulance and ER visit
- Extended stay in the hospital
- Prescription medication
- A medical device such as a wheelchair or crutches
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy
- Disability or in-house care
You may have lost pay due to being out of work during your recovery period. You may also receive compensation for lost benefits, lost retirement benefits, or incapacity to work in the future.
Pain and Suffering
You may have experienced extensive pain and suffering from severe injuries. You may also be entitled to a settlement due to depression or emotional trauma, loss of consortium (damages suffered by the spouse or family member of the injured person), or loss of quality of life.
In a lawsuit, we may be able to establish that your bus accident injuries were brought on by gross negligence. If so, the court may award you punitive damages.
Although it is impossible to pinpoint the exact amount of your case value, a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC bus accident attorney can help you explore your options. Our law firm is here to help you recover 100% of the compensation you deserve for your accident.
Contact us today to see what your case value is worth: 713-850-8600.
How Long Do You Have to File a Claim for Your Injuries?
The State of Texas allows plaintiffs two years to file a claim in personal injury cases, including commercial auto accidents.
Therefore, you must pursue compensation within two years of the date of the accident. If you fail to file a claim, you may no longer be eligible for compensation for your injuries and financial losses.
Get the Compensation You Deserve With D. Miller & Associates, PLLC
- Miller & Associates, PLLC law firm is dedicated to helping victims pursue their case against liable parties in a bus accident. You should not have to fight for a fair settlement on your own. A bus accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX can represent you and personally assist you with your claim.
To find out more about our legal services, call us right now at 713-850-8600 to set up a free, no-obligation case assessment.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Whose Insurance Do You File a Dog Bite Injury Claim in Texas?
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?
- Can You Recover Money for Lost Earnings After a Car Accident?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- Can You Recover Money For Non-Injury Damages In a Car Accident?