If you suffered injuries due to the negligence of a commercial vehicle driver in Plano, you may want to discuss your potential claim with a team member from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today. Depending on the facts of your case, we may be able to pursue financial recovery on your behalf. This may be possible by holding the driver’s employer liable.
We offer free case evaluations to victims of commercial vehicle accidents in Plano and nearby areas. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC now at (713) 850-8600 to get started with a complimentary consultation over the phone. Let one of our commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Plano, TX evaluate the circumstances of your motor vehicle accident case today.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents in Plano, TX
We can evaluate your case and help you understand your rights. You may qualify for financial recovery if the driver who caused your accident was behind the wheel of any type of commercial vehicle, including:
- Delivery truck
- Dump truck
- Garbage truck
- Work van
- Corporate car
- Mobile food truck
Plano is only 20 miles from Dallas, so it is not unusual to have deliveries, service providers, and others traveling to or through Plano from Dallas. We may be able to help you pursue financial recovery based on an accident that occurred on:
- S. Highway 75
- Dallas North Tollway
- President George Bush Turnpike
- Texas State Highway 121
- Texas State Highway 289 (Preston Road)
- Other major arteries or small streets in Collin County, Denton County, and neighboring counties
We will help you regardless of where your accident occurred in the Plano area.
Proving Liability in Your Case
Commercial vehicle accident cases sometimes involve a doctrine known as respondeat superior. Under this doctrine, an employer is responsible for their employee’s negligence.
To pursue a respondeat superior claim in your Plano commercial vehicle accident, we will need to prove that at the time the at-fault driver caused the accident, they were:
- Working as an employee of the potentially liable company
- Acting in the “course and scope” of their job
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we can help you understand if this doctrine applies to your case. Call us to learn more during a free case evaluation.
We can analyze all the evidence in your case to make sure that the driver of the at-fault vehicle was following the rules and regulations. If we find that the liable driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or driving for longer periods of time than allowed under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Hours of Service Regulations, we will apply it to your case.
Talk to a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Plano, TX About Your Case
Since 2002, our personal injury attorneys have provided aggressive and effective legal representation to our clients. We handle all personal injury cases, including commercial vehicle accident claims, on a contingency basis. If we represent you, we are prepared to:
- Manage all communications related to your case
- Available to answer questions, address concerns, and give status updates
- Handle your case so you can focus on your physical recovery
- Gather evidence and compile support for your claim
- Pursue an out-of-court settlement or take your case to civil court, if necessary
You can find a commercial vehicle accident attorney serving Plano by contacting D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free telephone consultation with a member of our personal injury team.
Potentially Recoverable Damages in Your Case
When we pursue a claim for our clients in a Texas commercial vehicle accident case, we collect evidence to show a variety of damages they sustained. Your losses can include expenses and financial losses as well as emotional damages.
- Medical treatment and care costs
- Lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- Property damage to your vehicle and personal items
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death damages, if a member of your family passed away in a Plano accident
We may also be able to pursue other forms of damages.
The Statute of Limitations May Apply in Your Case
In the Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Chapter 16, Texas lawmakers limit most accident victims to filing a lawsuit within the first two years following the accident. This deadline can vary under some circumstances, so it is a good idea to call us as soon as possible after your injuries stabilize.
Building a commercial vehicle accident case takes time, and we want to ensure we are thorough. Let us go to work on collecting evidence to support your claim today.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you suffered injuries in a Plano, Texas, accident, a team member from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate your case for free today. We can represent you.
Our attorneys understand that you should not have to focus on working with the insurance company. We are not intimidated. We are able to navigate an insurance settlement or civil legal action on your behalf while you focus on healing from your injuries. Let us evaluate your case today at no cost to you.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 now to discuss your Plano, TX, a commercial vehicle accident with a member of our personal injury team serving your area. Do not wait. Call us as soon as you are able so we can get right to work on your case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Deadline to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit from an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What Kind of Lawyer Do You Need for A Dog Bite Injury in Texas?
- Can I Sue If My Knee Replacement Gets Infected?
- Do You Have To File a Lawsuit To Recover Damages From an Auto Accident In Texas?
- How Do You Know If Your Injuries Are Serious Enough to Contact a Lawyer?