If you were in an accident with a commercial vehicle and you were hurt, it is your responsibility to show how the other driver is liable for your injuries and damages.
Hiring a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Port Arthur, TX, does not guarantee the outcome of your case; you can be assured that your legal rights will be protected. Let our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC lawyers do all they can to help you recover damages so you can focus on your injuries.
For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, call (713) 850-8600.
We Are a Law Firm Dedicated to Helping People
If your injuries from a commercial vehicle accident leave you unable to earn a living (either for a few weeks or for the rest of your life), contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC if you are worried about paying your medical bills, rent, and other expenses.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC are commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Port Arthur, TX. Our firm has the resources and experience to help you recover your economic and noneconomic losses.
Make Us Your First Call After You Get Medical Care
The first priority after any kind of motor vehicle accident is to get medical care. If you are currently under a doctor’s care, continue to follow their instructions.
If you have been examined by a medical professional after an accident, call us for a free case evaluation. We can evaluate your case and help you pursue financial recovery if applicable.
You only have a limited time to take legal action. Texas state law (§16.001) limits personal injury lawsuits to two years from the date of the incident. Your complaint may be barred after this deadline.
Call a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Port Arthur, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, for a free case evaluation today: (713) 850-8600.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents Can Cause Tremendous Injury
In our experience, we have seen clients suffer from significant injuries when their vehicle collides with a commercial vehicle.
Some of the injuries associated with this kind of collision include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken or fractured bones
- Deep lacerations
- Broken ribs
- Burns or electrical shocks
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries that could lead to paralysis
- Torn ligaments, muscles, or tendons
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can identify all liable parties and hold them accountable for your injuries and losses.
We Can Pursue Recovery While You Recover
Accidents involving commercial vehicles are often resolved with the insurance company through a settlement. The corporate or business owner of the involved vehicle must carry insurance for bodily injury and property damage. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Port Arthur, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can reach out to the other party’s insurance carrier to file a claim. We take care of the details while you recover from your injuries.
As a valued client, you may expect that our firm will:
- Assign a lawyer, not an associate, to your case
- Keep you informed about your case’s progress
- Protect your legal rights
- Seek an acceptable settlement but be prepared to take your case to trial if necessary
You may have additional questions that can be answered with our free case evaluation. Call now to talk to a member of our team: (713) 850-8600.
Types of Damages to Pursue After Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Each case is different, but damages sought after a commercial vehicle accident typically include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost pay
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Please keep all medical bills, car repair estimates, and other receipts of your accident-related damages.
How We Help You Recover Damages From all Liable Parties
You should know that some insurance companies may try to avoid paying your claim. Our legal team understands these potential obstacles and will build a strong claim using evidence that may include:
- Proof of your injuries and a statement from your provider if you are temporarily unable to work or if there is a chance you may have a permanent medical condition or disability
- Photos of the accident site including skid marks, debris, and your damaged vehicle
- Witness statements
- Police reports
- Proof that the other party was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Prior driving or safety violations
- Miller & Associates, PLLC, is committed to helping you obtain the financial recovery you deserve.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents Injure Hundreds of Thousands Each Year
The number of commercial vehicles on the road and the fact that they tend to be larger and heavier can result in more traffic accidents. There were 116,000 accidents with injuries involving commercial vehicles in 2017, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA). The FMSCA also reports there were 4,889 lives that were lost during that same year.
A Lawyer Serving Port Arthur, TX Can Help
If you or a family member was injured in an accident involving a commercial vehicle, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Port Arthur, TX, will protect your rights and help you recover your damages.
Call (713) 850-8600 today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Sue If I Was A Passenger In A Car Accident In Texas?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- Can I Sue My Employer If I Am Injured at Work?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?