If you or a family member were injured because of someone’s negligence, you could be entitled to financial recovery for medical bills and other damages. Seeking financial recovery on your own can be challenging as you try to navigate complex liability and negligence laws.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, has a team that includes personal injury lawyers serving Madisonville who can help you gather evidence and information so you can recover the damages to which you may be entitled. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Benefits of a Personal Injury Lawyer
When you are injured and faced with medical bills and other damages because of someone’s negligence, you have the right to seek financial recovery. The idea of tackling complex legal issues or a difficult insurance claims process can be overwhelming.
It is your right to have a lawyer of your choosing to represent you. Here are a few ways in which D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can help you.
- We deal with the insurance company so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
- We secure evidence, testimony, or documentation to prove liability and negligence.
- We submit a detailed claim and negotiate with the insurance company for the best possible outcome.
- If necessary, we can take your case to trial.
To find out more about financial recovery after a personal injury, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, today at (713) 850-8600.
We Handle Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
Whether you were injured in a vehicle accident, are the victim of sexual abuse, or you lost a loved one to medical negligence, our personal injury lawyers serving Madisonville are here to help. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, has helped injured and disabled people recover damages from responsible parties.
Our firm’s practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Ridesharing-related accidents involving Uber and/or Lyft
- Pedestrian accidents
- 18-wheeler accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Tractor-trailer accidents
- Head-on collision with injuries
- Hit and run accidents
- Drunk driving, also known as driving under the influence (DUI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Defective medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- University of Southern California (USC) sexual assault lawsuit
- University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) sexual assault lawsuit
- Ohio State University (OSU) sexual assault lawsuit
- Sex and human trafficking
- Sexual assault, abuse, violence, and harassment
- Construction, workplace, and industrial accidents
- Whiplash injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents and drowning
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
Under Texas law, you have two years from the date you were injured to file a personal injury lawsuit, but it takes time to prepare a case. A personal injury lawyer serving Madisonville can help you begin the process of gathering documentation and evidence to substantiate your claim before the deadline.
What Our Personal Injury Lawyers Do to Build a Strong Case
A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, will examine the circumstances of your case to look for evidence that establishes how another party may have caused your injuries and damages.
Evidence might include:
- Photos, videos, audio recordings, and other digital evidence
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Workplace or industrial accident reports
- Testimony from case-relevant experts
- Your injuries
- Previous incidents
We gather the necessary evidence to show the insurance company or the court how the other party is responsible.
What Your Personal Injury Case Needs to Prove
You must have damages to file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. Liability may be determined in the following ways:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable steps to prevent you from harm.
- The other party breached this duty in some manner, either through omission, negligence, or intent.
- This negligence caused your injuries.
- Your injuries led to damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Pursuing financial recovery on your own is challenging. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can help you navigate through the complex legal issues so you can focus on your recovery.
Our Lawyers Seek Damages for Your Injuries
In addition to your injuries, you may be facing other damages and the challenge of meeting your financial responsibilities after you were injured.
Examples of the types of damages you could pursue in a personal injury case include:
- Emergency or urgent care
- Medical exams and scans
- Doctor’s visits
- Lost pay because your injuries prevented you from working
- Diminished earning ability if your injuries will affect your future income
- Damaged, lost, or stolen property
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
These are not the only types of damages you may have suffered. If you were injured or you lost a loved one because of someone’s negligence, our legal team may be able to recover damages for you and other surviving members by filing a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit.
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Madisonville Today
Time is of the essence when it comes to pursuing a personal injury case in Texas where the statute of limitations is two years according to Texas law. If you or a loved one were hurt in an accident that was not your fault, or if you have any other questions about your personal injury case, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, today at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- How Is Fault Determined in a Truck Accident?
- How to Find a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Who Can I Sue if I Was Injured While Riding a Houston METRO Bus?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My Collegiate Sexual Abuse Case?