Accidents and injuries are a part of life, but that does not mean it is fair to you when someone else harms you. If you suffered an injury because of another party, they could be liable for your damages.
Reviewing your situation with a Manvel personal injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, can help you decide if taking legal action is the next step. You can consider your legal options at no charge. We offer free case evaluations, and our team can answer questions about your case. You can reach out to us today or anytime you are ready.
Recoverable Damages in a Manvel Injury Case
The damages you could receive will be unique to your case. We will investigate your accident, survey all evidence we find, and document your damages. Losses in injury cases usually fall into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic losses include:
- Medical treatment and related costs
- Lost income and benefits
- Reduced or lost earning ability
- Property damage
- Other accident- or injury-related costs
We can prove these with any receipts, invoices, or other written documents you have.
Non-economic damages have no dollar amount, so we must determine their value. We can handle that for you. These losses can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disability, scarring, disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages (if you lost a loved one)
How Much Could I Recover for a Manvel Injury?
Various factors can affect your financial award, such as:
- How severe your injuries are
- How the accident or injury affects your livelihood
- How much your injuries will impact you over time
- Who is liable for causing your accident
Generally, people with severe or permanent injuries could likely recover more expenses than someone who suffered minor injuries. Still, even if your injury was minor, you could still pursue compensation.
It is also important to hold liable parties accountable, regardless of how minor or serious your injuries are. Our lawyer serving Manvel can help pursue legal action and how much you could recover in your case.
How Our Manvel Personal Injury Lawyer Could Help
Hiring our attorney can help you explore your legal options and understand how factors in your case could affect a potential insurance settlement or court-ordered award. Some ways our legal team could help you include but are not limited to:
- Identify the at-fault or liable parties in your case
- Handle negotiations with the at-fault or liable party’s insurer
- Manage all case communications and deadlines
- Answer your questions and concerns and explain laws that apply to your case
- Regularly update you on all case developments
Our Team Has a History of Satisfied Clients Since 2002
The entire team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, is dedicated to our clients and puts them first. Our history of success with personal injury cases is rooted in our passion for helping victims pursue the justice they deserve.
Personal Injury Cases We Represent
Finding the right legal team for your case is important. Our personal injury lawyer serving the Manvel area
represents a wide variety of personal injury cases, including the following:
- Motor vehicle, pedestrian, or bicycling accidents
- Defective drugs and medical devices
- Accidents and injuries that occur while playing sports, skiing, boating, or engaging in any form of recreational activity
- Animal attacks
- Slip and fall accidents and other premises liability
- Injuries that are caused by any form of negligence
- Sex crimes (e.g., sex and human trafficking, sexual abuse)
- Medical malpractice cases
- Wrongful death
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), accidental injuries cause nearly 25 million emergency room visits annually in the United States. Injuries can occur, but the reality is that no two cases are quite alike.
Regardless of the causes of your accident, if you were injured, you could have grounds to file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Did Someone Else Cause Your Manvel Injury?
Determining if another party caused your accident is important and could be a crucial component in the litigation of your case. One of the primary ways in which a third party may have been responsible for your accident is negligence.
Negligence refers to the failure to take proper or appropriate care or action to prevent harm. This standard can apply to medical providers, acquaintances, or strangers failing to act appropriately in a situation leading up to, during, or following your accident in a way that led to your injury or suffering.
Because negligence encompasses such a wide range of possible scenarios, it could be helpful to discuss the details of your injury with our personal injury lawyer serving Manvel. We can determine if negligence played a role in your case.
Your Time to File a Manvel Personal Injury Case Is Limited
As Texas law notes, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases and wrongful death actions is two years. Understanding this deadline is important because it could impact your case. In short, you have a limited time to protect your right to sue the liable party from the moment your injury or loss occurs.
While two years may feel like an eternity, the reality is that the clock is ticking. Acting soon can help your case.
If you are worried that your time is running out, our injury lawyer can inform you of your filing deadline.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, Today About Your Manvel Personal Injury
We are ready to help you seek justice and the financial recovery you deserve. If you are looking for a personal injury lawyer serving the Manvel area, our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® is available to help.
Call us today for your free case evaluation. Whether it’s an insurance claim or lawsuit, we can help you consider the next action to take in your injury case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Many Victims Have Filed Charges Against UCLA?
- How Can I Prove Negligence for a Truck Accident?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My Collegiate Sexual Abuse Case?
- What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer In Houston?