If you or someone you love was injured as the result of negligence, our Odessa personal injury lawyers will help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we are passionate about supporting the rights of injured claimants.
To complete your case, we will gather evidence, identify the negligent party, and document the cause and the costs of your injuries. We offer free case evaluations where you can explore your options today. There is no obligation to partner with our injury team when you call.
Our Texas Legal Team Manages These Practice Areas for Injured Claimants
You could have the basis of a personal injury case in Odessa if you were injured because of another party’s negligent, reckless, or careless actions. Our law firm represents people who were injured in the following types of negligence-based situations:
- Dog bites
- Slips and falls
- Car accidents
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- 18-wheeler accidents
We also extend a compassionate, legal helping hand to families who have lost loved ones. When you entrust your injury or wrongful death case to our team, we will do everything possible to secure the damages you need.
We Will Assert That Another Party’s Negligence Caused Your Losses
The American Bar Association (ABA) notes that, to secure financial recovery, we must prove that another party’s negligence caused your injuries and related losses.
Our team will meet Texas’ definition of negligence and liability by proving the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their responsibility
- Caused your physical injuries
- Caused your damages
Recoverable damages in your case could comprise:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Funeral and burial fees
We will collect evidence that supports the cause of your accident and what constitutes a fair settlement. Evidence to support your case may include incident reports, medical records and bills, property repair receipts, and witness statements.
The State’s Statute of Limitations Affects Your Pursuit of Damages
Texas law imposes a statute of limitations, generally two years, on personal injury cases. You have the same two-year period to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you fail to comply with the filing deadline:
- You will not be permitted to file your lawsuit at all.
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without being heard.
- You will have few options when seeking financial recovery.
Depending on the cause of your injuries, a different statutory deadline might apply. It can also change based on certain factors of your accident. For instance, if you were injured as a minor, you could have longer than the standard two-year period to file your lawsuit.
Our lawyers will explain other details that affect the statute of limitations. We will do everything possible to ensure your case meets the filing deadline if a lawsuit is necessary.
Texas Operates on a Fault-Based System
According to Texas law, you cannot recover damages if you caused more than 50% of the accident. If your percentage of fault is smaller, any financial award you receive will be reduced by a corresponding percentage.
Here is how that could look if your recoverable damages are $100,000:
- If you are assigned 20% fault, you will only receive $80,000.
- If you are assigned 40% fault, you will only receive $60,000.
Our team will work hard to ensure liability is appropriately assigned and pursue the damages you are entitled to.
What You Need to Know About Our Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Odessa
Founded in 2002, our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team will handle every aspect of your personal injury case for you. When our team is on board, we will:
- Ensure all required time limits are met
- Provide you with ongoing progress reports
- Gather and organize supporting evidence
- Prove the at-fault party’s financial liability
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists and other experts
- Advise you on your legal options
- Determine who should pay for your losses
We aim to provide case-specific services that meet your case’s unique needs.
Our Clients Love How We Advocate for Them
When they talk about the responsive service and support they receive from our personal injury team, previous clients have shared:
- Nubian W: I had the misfortune of being involved in a terrible collision back in May of 2020…D. Miller & Associates, PLLC provided me one of their best representatives…they gave me hope that I would be able to return to my normal life.
- Daniel Lieberg: Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.
When our law firm represents you, we put you and your rights and needs first. We build a solid case for financial recovery and fight for the best possible outcome.
We Advocate for Texans Suffering from These Accident-Related Injuries
In the past, we’ve helped claimants suffering from these conditions:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Internal bleeding
- Sprains and strains
- Mental health complications, such as post-traumatic stress disorder
We encourage you to seek medical attention if you have not already done so. The information you get from your healthcare provider can be used as evidence to support your case.
Evaluate Your Personal Injury Case Today
Were you or someone you love in Odessa injured because of someone else’s negligence? Our personal injury lawyers will evaluate your case at no cost to you. If you partner with us, we are committed to recovering everything you need to resolve your claim or lawsuit.
Explore your legal options now by calling the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ case evaluation team.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do When You Slip and Fall in A Store in Texas?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?
- Harlingen Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer
- What If I Didn’t Realize I Was Injured Until Weeks After My Accident?
- Can Pedestrians Be At Fault For Road Accidents In Texas?