If you have been injured in an accident, you may be able to pursue compensation for your medical expenses and other damages. A personal injury lawyer in Pasadena, TX at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you file a lawsuit and guide you through litigation to protect your rights under Texas law.
Our law firm offers legal services for victims who have personal injuries caused by an accident. To schedule an initial consultation, contact our law office today at 713-850-8600.
Are You Eligible to File a Lawsuit for Your Injuries?
If you are unsure that you are eligible to file a lawsuit for your injuries, you may want to seek legal counsel from a Pasadena, TX personal injury attorney. When you schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC attorney, we can sit down with you and go over the details of your case.
You may be eligible to file a lawsuit if you were injured due to the following:
- Negligence: Someone failed to take proper care of their actions or property.
- Premises Liability: You sustained injuries on someone else’s business or personal property.
- Equipment Failure: Malfunctioning equipment led to your injuries.
What Should you do if you were hurt in an accident?
What you should do if you were injured, is focus on your recovery. You may want to establish who is at fault and how you want to pursue compensation. If you require legal assistance, a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC attorney can guide you through the legal process.
Here are some steps we can take during litigation:
- Gather evidence from the scene of the accident.
- Interview eyewitnesses from the scene of the accident.
- Gather documents including the police report, medical bills, and legal documents.
- Collect contact information from law enforcement, eyewitnesses, insurance companies, and medical experts.
- Take notes on all correspondence and significant events that occurred after the accident.
- File the claim with the courts and inform the defendant.
Once our Pasadena injury lawyers help you file the claim, we begin working on a legal strategy for your case. We will probe further into the facts and continue gathering information until we have everything we need to solidify your case.
Will Your Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
Most personal injury lawsuits settle before trial. A settlement is reached when you and the defendant agree on compensation for your injuries. In most cases, a settlement is more favorable for both parties.
A trial will only prolong the process and does not guarantee that you will receive compensation for your injuries. Trials can also be costly and stressful.
Whether you reach a settlement or go to trial, our attorneys will act in your best interest so that your rights are protected under Texas law. Our personal injury lawyers in Pasadena will work to reach a settlement with the defendant that gives you the compensation you desire.
Call our law offices to discuss your legal options for your personal injury caused by an accident in Pasadena, Texas at 713-850-8600.
What Are You Legally Entitled to Claim in Your Lawsuit?
Whether you settle out of court or win your case in trial, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
- Economic Losses: If you win your case, you may receive compensation for hospital expenses, extended medical care, lost wages, and any property damages that occurred during the accident.
- Personal Damages: You could be awarded compensation for your physical pain, emotional and mental turmoil, or terminal bodily injuries.
- Punitive Damages: The court may award you additional compensation if we establish certain factors.
The Statute of Limitations on Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Texas
Under Texas law, the Statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the time of the accident.
If two years have passed, and you still feel that you have a case, you should not hesitate in consulting with a personal injury lawyer. A Pasadena injury attorney can help you determine if you should file a lawsuit.
Types of Personal Injury Lawsuits You Can Claim
Our law firm represents clients who have been in a wide range of accidents. Some of the most common claims come from the following accidents:
- Vehicle: The other driver was negligent, reckless, or had a DUI. Vehicle accidents can also be caused by mechanical failure.
- Slip and Fall: You may have slipped and fallen while on someone else’s residential or commercial property.
- Premises Liability: There may have hazards on the property that caused your injury.
- Workplace Accidents: You may have been injured on the job due to a hazardous work environment or the negligence of a co-worker.
- Sports Injuries: You have sustained injuries from a competitor, faulty equipment, or improper training.
What if Your Insurance Company Will Not Cover a Claim?
In some personal injury cases, the insurance company may need to compensate you for your expenses. The provider may refuse to payout or only give you a fraction of what you deserve.
In such cases, we can engage with your insurance company to negotiate a settlement. Our personal injury lawyers will also explore other options to help you receive compensation for your damages.
Schedule a Consultation with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Pasadena, Texas
If you are suffering from a personal injury, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you file your lawsuit. Get a free, no-obligation consultation from a personal injury lawyer in Pasadena, TX.
To schedule a case evaluation, call us at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident In Texas?
- What Happens If You Were Breaking a Texas Bicycle Law During Your Accident Injury?
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?
- Are Slip And Fall Cases Hard To Win?
- Can I Sue If My Knee Replacement Gets Infected?