If you suffered injuries in a personal injury accident, an attorney serving Plano, Texas, and the nearby area may be able to help you pursue financial recovery. Your financial recovery could include damages such as medical care costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ now at (713) 850-8600. A member of our team is available to evaluate your case today. We can explain your rights and may be able to help you file a claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Our Lawyers Evaluate Many Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Plano, TX
Only 20 miles from Dallas, we know those who live and work in Plano may suffer from injuries anywhere in Collin County, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, or anywhere in the region. Our attorneys can evaluate your personal injury case no matter where in or around Plano your accident occurred.
We take on a wide variety of negligence cases. These cases include:
- Semi truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving and alcohol-related offenses
- Head-on collision accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective products
- Dog bites
- Slip and falls
- Trip and falls
- And many other personal injury accidents
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we pride ourselves on our accessibility to our clients. From your initial case evaluation and signing up for representation until the conclusion of your case, you can count on our team to help you understand your rights and explain your options. Call (713) 850-8600 today, and let us evaluate your personal injury case for free.
Let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Pursue Your Personal Injury Recovery
Since 2002, our attorneys have helped clients seek financial recovery after suffering injuries and economic damages in accidents caused by others’ negligence. To learn more, call (713) 850-8600 today.
Our team goes out of their way to ensure our clients understand their cases and get the answers to the questions they have. We even hold Facebook livestreams to answer questions from our clients. If you sustained injuries and believe another party is liable, our team can:
- Evaluate your case and identify the liable party (or parties)
- Deal with the insurance companies while you focus on healing
- Gather evidence and build a strong argument to support your insurance claim
- Represent you in court if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we handle many types of personal injury cases. We may be able to help you pursue recovery by negotiating a settlement or taking your case to trial in civil court.
Do I Need Help Dealing with Insurance Companies?
When deciding whether or not to hire a personal injury attorney, remember that financial recovery will likely come from the liable party’s insurance company. This means you need to meet and negotiate with an insurance adjuster who may:
- Ask for a recorded statement, then pick that statement apart based on supposed inconsistencies
- Argue that the at-fault party did not behave negligently or that its negligence was not responsible for your injuries
- Try to reduce the amount they have to offer by claiming you were also negligent and made your own injuries worse
- Offer you a small settlement and refuse to allow you to negotiate for more
Our team is familiar with all of the tactics an insurance company may use to get out of offering fair financial recovery. We would be happy to handle all communications with the insurance company, including negotiations, so all you have to think about is tending to your injuries.
Potential Financial Recovery in a Personal Injury Case
If our attorneys find that you have a valid personal injury case against the person, company, or agency that caused your accident and injuries, we are able to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. The goal of these actions is to secure financial recovery for you and your family.
You should not have to pay for the expenses and losses of an accident that occurred because of someone else’s negligence. Whether we try to negotiate an out-of-court settlement or pursue a civil case, potentially recoverable damages may include:
- Medical treatment and related care costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability if you cannot return to your previous job
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Physical disability
- Mental or intellectual disability
You may be able to pursue wrongful death recovery if your loved one passed away as a result of a personal injury accident in Plano. The recoverable damages in this type of case are different than in most personal injury cases. One of our personal injury lawyers serving Plano can explain your potentially recoverable damages after listening to your story.
Getting the Financial Recovery You Need
In the past, we have helped clients recover damages by gathering evidence from a wide array of respected and trustworthy sources. Depending on how and where your accident happened, we can seek corroborating evidence from:
- Videos and photos: Cameras are everywhere now, from surveillance cams mounted on buildings to cell phones in people’s pockets. If footage of your accident exists, we can track it down.
- The police report: Some types of accidents, such as serious car accidents, must be reported to the proper authorities under Texas law. This report often includes information critical to supporting a personal injury lawsuit.
- Medical records: This is why it is so important to seek prompt medical care after an accident. All of your visits and treatments are included in your medical records, which can therefore help establish a connection between your accident and your injuries.
- Witness statements: If anyone saw the accident, is familiar with the conditions at the accident site, or tried to assist you after the fact, we can speak with those witnesses to get more information about the incident.
- Your testimony: We can interview you to get your official account of the accident on the record.
We are also in contact with local experts across a range of disciplines, including medicine, economics, and accident reconstruction. If we think it would help, we can ask one of them to examine and write a statement about your case, which would potentially support your accusations against the liable party.
The Statute of Limitations in a Texas Personal Injury Legal Case
Under Texas law, victims of personal injury accidents generally have two years to take legal action against the liable party. If you do not file a personal injury civil suit before the second anniversary of your accident, you may not be allowed to do so later.
There are also other regulations that come into play in some cases, so this deadline is very time-sensitive. A member of the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team serving Plano, Texas, can help you understand if there is an exception in your case.
It takes time to gather evidence and build a personal injury case. The sooner you let us evaluate the facts of your case, the sooner we can get to work for you.
Discuss Your Case with a Personal Injury Attorney Serving Plano
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our personal injury lawyers serve Plano and the nearby areas. If you sustained injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent behavior, you may be able to pursue financial recovery through an insurance claim, another negotiated settlement, or a civil lawsuit. Our team can evaluate the merits of your case for free.
During your complimentary case evaluation, we can discuss the possibility of taking on your case. We understand how serious injuries can disrupt every aspect of your life. If we represent you, we will take steps to build a compelling case while you focus on healing and getting your life back to normal.
When building your case, we will evaluate:
- The types of injuries you sustained, including how serious they are and what types of treatments you needed to heal them
- Other losses you suffered, including damage to your vehicle
- The negligent party’s presence at the scene and/or how its carelessness led to your injury
- Whether or not the liable party violated local, state, or federal laws
Call Today to Get Started
We want to discuss your case with you for free today. Call (713) 850-8600 for your free case evaluation with a member of our personal injury team serving Plano, Texas. A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you seek fair financial recovery following a negligence-related accident.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Am I Allowed To Sue if I Was a Passenger in a Car Accident in Texas?
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- If A Car Accident Is Not My Fault, What Do I Do?
- What to Do After an 18-Wheeler or Semi Truck Accident in Texas
- What Happens If You’re Injured by a Drunk Driver Who Has No Car Insurance in Texas?