Did you know that Texas law considers bicycles equal to other vehicles when it comes to obeying the rules of the road? In an accident, however, cyclists are clearly at a disadvantage. Cyclists typically have more severe injuries after a collision than motorists.
If you were recently injured in a bicycle accident, a bicycle accident lawyer serving Rosenberg, TX may be able to recover damages if you qualify. You have a limited time to seek financial recovery so please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for your free case evaluation.
Our Team Will Get the Facts About Your Accident
It may be clear to you what happened to cause the accident and your injuries, but the other party may deny responsibility. That is why you should consult a bicycle accident lawyer serving Rosenberg as soon as possible. A personal injury lawyer will take an objective evaluation of the facts, using such evidence as:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Photos of the accident scene
- Red light camera or closed-circuit video if available
- Your injuries and medical bills
A bicycle accident attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will build a strong claim and seek recovery. Typically, we seek recovery first from the driver’s personal insurance coverage and can file a lawsuit if the insurer refuses to offer you a fair settlement. You have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Why We Encourage Bicycle Accident Victims to Pursue Financial Recovery
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has successfully recovered damages for injured and disabled people. In some cases, seeking financial recovery may be the only way to hold reckless drivers accountable. We believe you should not suffer financially for a careless driver. Please let our bicycle accident lawyers serving Rosenberg get you the recovery you may be entitled to receive.
For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Our Process for Obtaining Financial Recovery from the Responsible Party
Our vehicle accident lawyers understand Texas liability statutes and use them to show how the other party caused the collision.
To show the other party caused the accident, we will prove:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and responsibly.
- The driver breached this duty of care (for example, driving while drowsy or intoxicated).
- This negligence caused the accident and your injuries.
- You suffered damages in the form of medical bills, pain and suffering, lost pay, and other losses.
A bicycle accident lawyer will deal with the other party’s insurance adjuster. You should not have to handle this stress and frustration as you recuperate from your injuries.
Understanding Financial Recovery After a Bicycle Accident in Rosenberg
There is no set amount of financial recovery for a bicycle accident claim. Your team will assess your injuries, expenses, and expected prognosis. We may get a written statement from your doctor or healthcare provider. This information, along with medical bills and other proof of expenses, is included in the claim.
Depending on the extent of your injuries, you may be entitled to receive damages for:
- Medical bills (doctor’s visits, tests, prescriptions, hospitalization, etc.
- Ongoing treatment
- Lost pay
- Reduced income if you cannot return to your job
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
A bicycle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue financial recovery for you so you can rest and recuperate. For a free case evaluation, please call our firm at 713-850-8600.
Choose a Law Firm That Accepts Bicycle Accident Cases
We are a plaintiff’s law firm. This means that we will stand up to insurance adjusters who may try to downplay, deny, or delay paying a legitimate bicycle accident claim. Texas liability laws are complex, and you may want a bicycle accident lawyer with experience in these cases.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many kinds of bicycle accidents and other types of personal injury cases, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving bicycles
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Semi truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Scooter, moped, and pedestrian accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accident injuries
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
If you or a family member was injured in a bicycle accident or any other type of accident, please contact our firm for more information. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Rosenberg
Common causes of bicycle collisions include:
- Intoxicated drivers
- Drivers passing too closely and forcing the bicyclist off the road.
- Opening doors on a parked vehicle directly in a bicycle’s path.
- Backing up into a bicyclist or bike lane when exiting or making a three-point turn.
- Drivers misjudging the distance between car and bicycle.
- Motorists not yielding or checking blind spots to turn or change lanes.
Even if the driver did not intend to hurt you, you still have physical and emotional injuries, medical bills, lost pay, and other damages. You deserve to know your legal options. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
We Treat You With Personal Attention and Compassion
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, you are a valued client, not a case number. We will keep you informed and guide you through your claim. Please call a bicycle accident lawyer serving Rosenberg today for a free case evaluation. Call 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?
- Who Pays for Your Medical Bills During the Personal Injury Claim Process?
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?