Bus accidents can cause extensive injuries that require hospitalization. This can quickly add up to thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost pay, and other damages. A bus accident lawyer serving Rosenberg, TX can help you seek recovery if you qualify.
We Seek Recovery From All Liable Parties
Like all licensed motor vehicle drivers and operators, bus drivers owe other motorists a duty of care. This means that bus drivers are expected to follow the rules of the road. Bus companies also have an obligation to make sure their drivers are trained and ready to safely transport passengers. If you were injured in a bus accident, a bus accident attorney serving Rosenberg will seek recovery from both the driver and the company if you qualify.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts various kinds of bus accidents, including those that involve:
- City buses
- Chartered buses or motor coaches
- School buses
- Intrastate buses
- Private buses (for example, church buses)
If you or a loved one were involved in a bus accident, you have the legal right to seek recovery through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
How We Determine Fault in a Rosenberg Bus Accident
Bus accidents happen so quickly that it can be difficult for victims to fully understand what happened. That is why you should contact an injury lawyer serving Rosenberg. Whether you were a passenger, motorist, or pedestrian, a bus accident lawyer from our firm can evaluate the circumstances of the collision.
Many clues and indicators can determine liability in a bus accident. These include:
- Skid marks and debris from involved motor vehicles.
- Impact marks on trees, guardrails, and other stationary objects.
- Eyewitness accounts.
- Red-light cameras and other closed-circuit videos.
- Satellite navigation and GPS tracking information.
- Police reports.
- Final position of involved vehicles after impact.
A bus accident lawyer serving Rosenberg, TX can determine if you qualify for recovery and if other party is liable. The steps in proving liability include:
- Establish that the bus driver owed you a duty of care.
- Show that the driver breached this duty for some reason, such as driving while intoxicated.
- Prove that this negligent behavior caused the accident and your injuries.
- Proof of damages for such items as medical expenses and lost wages.
A bus accident attorney serving Rosenberg will build a strong claim and negotiate with the bus driver or owner’s insurance adjuster. This gives you the time and space to recuperate from your physical and emotional injuries. Let our team handle these details so you can concentrate on feeling better. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
A Bus Accident Lawyer Serving Rosenberg, TX Seeks Recovery for Your Injuries
Buses are massive. If there is a car accident between a bus and a standard passenger car, it is the occupants of the car and bus who will likely be seriously injured. Emergency room visits are expensive.
Please save your medical bills, credit card statements, checks, and any other proof you have of accident-related expenses. A member of our team can tell you if you qualify for recovery for such damages as:
- Ambulance and ER costs
- Lost pay
- Property and vehicle damage
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or partial disability
- Mental anguish
If you do not seek recovery, you will have to pay for your medical bills and other expenses on your own. Although a bus accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC cannot guarantee financial recovery, they will vigorously pursue damages you may be entitled to receive.
Bus Accidents Can Result in Severe Injuries
Most buses do not have seatbelts for passengers. This lack of a restraint system means that passengers can be thrown from their seats, against a window, or another object. If the bus hits a car, bicycle, moped, motorcycle, or pedestrian, the injuries can be catastrophic.
Common bus accident injuries include:
- Broken or crushed bones
- Internal bleeding
- Broken ribs
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord or neck injury
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Burns or electrical shocks
We can file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. Please be aware that there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits in Texas.
We Can Help if You Lost a Loved One in a Bus Accident
- Miller & Associates, PLLC helps surviving family members who lost a loved one in a bus accident.
A bus accident attorney serving Rosenberg can pursue recovery from the responsible party with a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Our bus accident lawyers and staff will assess your situation and seek recovery based on certain factors which may include:
- Reimbursement for loss of income, annuities, insurance, and other financial assets had your loved one lived a normal life expectancy
- Medical bills until the time of your loved one’s passing
- Final costs such as funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium, companionship, guidance, and protection
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Typically, a surviving parent, spouse, or child may seek recovery in a wrongful death case. For more information, please contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600. A member of our firm will be happy to evaluate your case at no cost or obligation.
Request a Free Case Evaluation
For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600. You deserve to know if you qualify for financial recovery as a bus accident injury victim.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Pays for Your Medical Bills During the Personal Injury Claim Process?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- Whose Insurance Do You File a Dog Bite Injury Claim in Texas?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Can I Sue If My Hip Replacement Gets Infected?