A pedestrian accident can be catastrophic or even fatal. However, you may be entitled to a recovery for your damages, such as medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses. A personal injury lawyer can help you recover from the responsible party. To learn more, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries Are Often Severe and Require Lengthy Recuperation
Pedestrians are 1.5 times more likely to lose their lives than vehicle passengers in a collision, according to a study in the American Journal of Epidemiology. Injuries are also all too common and might include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Skull fractures, contusions, or concussions
- Spine and neck injury
- Broken, crushed, or fractured bones
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Facial and dental fractures
- Ruptured organs
- Internal bleeding
Do not wait to seek medical care if you have not done so already. There are also emotional and psychological injuries from a pedestrian accident. That is why you deserve to have a legal advocate who will pursue financial recovery on your behalf. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Our Law Firm Understands You Are Hurt and Need Help
A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Rosenberg protects your rights so that you can focus on feeling better. You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating. If you cannot work and have medical bills and other expenses, a pedestrian accident lawyer can talk with your creditors to ease your financial burden. You should know that our lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Helps Determine Who Is Responsible
Pedestrians have an obligation to use sidewalks and crosswalks when available. Drivers in Rosenberg have a responsibility to be aware of pedestrians, especially when driving in areas where people typically walk, including schools, parks, stores, and places of worship.
A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Rosenberg will evaluate your injuries, medical expenses, and investigate the circumstances of your accident. This investigation may include:
- Talking to your doctor or healthcare provider about the extent of your injuries and expected prognosis
- Photographing the accident site, damaged car, and your injuries
- Reviewing police reports, witness statements, and red-light camera footage if available
- Requesting the motorist’s driving record
- Reconstructing the accident if needed
Our firm has successfully obtained financial recovery for other clients who were injured by a negligent or reckless driver. We want our clients to feel like family. If you are not feeling well enough to come to our office, an associate will meet you at your home or the hospital. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Understanding Liability and Financial Recovery
A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Rosenberg will consider the following when proving liability:
- The defendant (the other party) owed you a duty of care to avoid the accident
- The defendant did not uphold this duty of care for some reason, whether intentional or unintentional
- This negligent action caused you to be struck and to sustain bodily injuries
- You, the plaintiff, now have physical, emotional, and financial damages
Our pedestrian accident lawyers serving Rosenberg, TX are often able to negotiate an insurance settlement for our clients. However, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has also won verdicts in the courtroom for injured and disabled people. If an acceptable settlement is not reached, a lawsuit can be filed. Texas generally has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits.
Typical Damages in a Pedestrian Accident
Your pedestrian accident lawyer serving Rosenberg, TX will take all supporting evidence and documentation and submit a detailed claim to the liable party’s insurance company. It is our goal to get you maximum financial recovery for damages that may include:
- Ambulance and emergency room care
- Medical treatment and therapy
- Hospital stays
- Medical equipment such as crutches and prosthetics
- Reimbursement for lost pay
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you lost a family member in a pedestrian accident, please accept our condolences. We know no settlement or verdict can bring back your loved one, but it can help alleviate your financial burdens.
A lawyer from our firm will seek recovery for pain and suffering, final expenses, and other damages. This is called a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. As with a personal injury lawsuit, you have generally two years from the date of the accident to sue the liable party.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
We Are Passionate About Excellent Client Service and Communication
A pedestrian accident lawyer with our firm will be with you every step of the way. You will not have to talk to an insurance adjuster or worry about claim deadlines. Let us work for you. You can expect promptly returned phone calls, updates on your claim, and being treated with compassion and respect.
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to financial recovery for damages such as medical bills, lost pay, and pain and suffering. We invite you to contact our team. Please call a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Rosenberg, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- What Happens If You Can No Longer Work After a Car Accident?
- What Should You Do If You’re Involved in A Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?