Losing a loved one is a distressing experience, but it is even more distressing if someone’s negligence caused your loved one’s passing. You and your surviving family members are left with emotional, physical, and economic losses. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we believe that the responsible party should be held accountable. The responsible party is held accountable when we seek financial recovery from their insurance company for the wrongful death. A wrongful death lawyer serving Rosenberg will evaluate your case to determine if you may be able to recover damages.
For a free case evaluation, please call our firm at (713) 850-8600.
Why You and Your Family Need a Wrongful Death Lawyer Serving Rosenberg
There are several reasons why it is essential to have a wrongful death lawyer represent you and your family. First, and most importantly, you have just lost a loved one and should not have to deal with insurance companies during this difficult time. Second, our wrongful death lawyers are skilled negotiators that will do all that is possible to help you obtain financial recovery. Let a wrongful death lawyer serving Rosenberg be your capable and confidential advocate.
There are other benefits to consulting a wrongful death lawyer. We will handle all the following on your behalf:
- Seek a fair settlement with the liable party’s insurance company
- File a wrongful death lawsuit, if necessary, within the two-year statute of limitations
- Protect your family’s privacy from media requests
Our wrongful death lawyers serving Rosenberg will handle your claim with care and compassion. You can count on our entire team to support you during this challenging time.
Proving Liability in a Wrongful Death Claim or Lawsuit
In Texas, a wrongful death is defined as any loss of life resulting from a wrongful, negligent, or careless act. A wrongful death lawyer serving Rosenberg can determine if someone’s negligence qualifies you for financial recovery.
There are several steps in proving liability for a wrongful death claim. These steps may include:
- Establishing that the defendant (responsible party) owed your loved one a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid a loss of life
- Demonstrating that the other party breached this duty of care either through a negligent or careless act
- Proving that this negligence led to your loved one’s passing
- Showing that you and other survivors now have physical, mental, and financial damages due to your loved one’s passing
Some families discover that the process of a wrongful death claim helps bring closure, particularly if there are questions about the reason or cause of passing. Please let us help. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Financial Recovery in a Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death lawyer serving Rosenberg knows that financial recovery in these circumstances is a sensitive subject. Please keep in mind that it is your legal right to seek recovery if another party is responsible for your loved one’s passing. You should not have to endure financial hardship, in addition to your emotional loss.
If your loved one was a primary source of income, you may be facing serious financial pressure. While our wrongful death lawyers cannot guarantee the outcome of your claim, we will put our considerable legal strength and resources to getting you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive. This recovery can help ease hardships for you and your family from such losses as:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of benefits
- Loss of companionship, consortium, protection, support, or guidance
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your individual losses may include these damages, or you may have others. A wrongful death lawyer will assess the circumstances of your loved one’s passing, your financial situation, the number of dependent children, and other factors.
A Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Pursue Financial Recovery on Your Behalf
A wrongful death lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will build a strong claim to present to the liable party’s insurance company. The type of insurance depends on the circumstances of your loved one’s passing, so the coverage may be:
- Property (home or business)
- Medical malpractice
We prefer to first seek financial recovery with an insurance claim. Insurance settlements usually take less time to negotiate and do not require the stress and expense of a trial. Of course, a wrongful death lawyer serving Rosenberg can bring your case to court if we cannot reach an agreement with the insurance company.
Please contact our law firm for a free case evaluation. If it is difficult for you to come to our office, a representative from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can meet you at your home. Please call (713) 850-8600.
Get Help from a Wrongful Death Lawyer with a Varied Practice Area
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many types of wrongful death cases including:
- Motor vehicle accidents; including car, 18-wheeler, truck, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, mopeds, and scooters
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Hit and run accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Defective medical parts or prescription drugs
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bite and animal attacks
- Workplace accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Sports and recreation accidents
- Negligent acts of violence
Family Members That May Be Able to File a Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death lawyer serving Rosenberg can file a wrongful death insurance claim for legally recognized family members, including:
- Child (biological or legally adopted)
If the sole surviving family member is a minor child, the court may appoint a representative to guide the individual through the process.
We Offer Compassionate Legal Care
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped families who have lost loved ones because of someone’s negligent acts. A wrongful death lawyer serving Rosenberg will preserve your rights and pursue potential recovery. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- Can Pedestrians Be At Fault For Road Accidents In Texas?
- What Should I Do if I Notice Symptoms of Whiplash After a Car Accident?
- Is It too Late to File an OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Case?
- What Is The Most Common Cause Of Motorcycle Accidents?