Some of the more frequent questions that clients ask a personal injury lawyer in Rosenberg are about financial recovery. How do you know if you qualify for recovery? What kinds of damages are included?
If you or a family member were injured through the careless actions of someone else in Rosenberg, TX, you could be entitled to financial recovery. Please do not guess about your right to seek this recovery. A personal injury lawyer in Rosenberg can tell you if you qualify, and then seek recovery on your behalf. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Look for a Personal Injury Lawyer in Rosenberg With a Large Practice Area
Some personal injury law firms limit their practice area to a few kinds of personal injury. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has a large practice area. This is important to keep in mind. You only have one opportunity to seek financial recovery, so you want a lawyer who has handled similar cases to your own.
Our practice area includes:
- Car, truck, bus, bicycle, scooter, moped, motorcycle, and pedestrian accidents
- 18 wheel and semi-truck accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Defective products and faulty repairs
- Medical malpractice and defective medical devices
- Sexual assault, harassment, abuse, and violence
- Workplace injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Premises liability
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
If you have a specific question about a personal injury that is not listed here, please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How to Determine if You Qualify for Financial Recovery
It is our experience that in most personal injury cases, the responsible party did not intend to cause harm. This does not excuse reckless or careless action. Even if the negligence was not intentional, you were hurt and now have medical bills and other damages.
The first step that a personal injury lawyer in Rosenberg will take to determine if you qualify for recovery is to find out who is responsible.
There are four considerations in determining liability:
- The other party, known as the defendant, owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid injuring you.
- The defendant breached this duty of care for some reason (for example, distracted driving that led to a collision).
- You, the plaintiff, were injured as a result.
- You have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, and other losses.
If you are eligible to seek recovery, a personal injury lawyer with our firm will file a claim against the defendant’s insurance. Depending on your injury, it may be auto, property, or personal liability insurance coverage.
Seeking Financial Recovery Through an Insurance Claim
Another frequent question that clients ask a personal injury lawyer in Rosenberg is if they will have to go to court. Each case is different but many personal injury cases are resolved through an insurance settlement.
If for some reason we cannot reach an acceptable settlement with the defendant’s insurance company, we have the choice of going to trial. Texas law gives you two years from the date of the incident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
You should know your legal options. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates at 713-850-8600.
Financial Recovery in a Personal Injury Case
Here are the most common forms of financial recovery that we have obtained for our clients:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Lost or reduced earning ability, benefits, or pension
- Domestic services such as a hired nurse or caregiver
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship, consortium, protection, or support
- Permanent partial or total disability
- Mental anguish
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Please call 713-850-8600.
We Seek the Maximum Financial Recovery You Could Potentially Receive
You should know that insurance companies typically prefer to settle as quickly and as inexpensively as possible. A personal injury lawyer in Rosenberg knows what kind of tactics some insurance adjusters use to delay or deny your claim.
There is usually negotiation between your personal injury lawyer in Rosenberg and the insurance adjuster. If you are injured, unable to work, and have bills piling up, it might be tempting to accept a check from the defendant’s insurance company. Please consider your injuries and your prognosis before you accept any settlement offer.
You May Qualify for Recovery
If you have injuries and expenses from a personal injury, you could qualify for recovery. A personal injury lawyer in Rosenberg is waiting to help you. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Sue Walmart If You Slip and Fall in A Texas Store?
- What Happens If You’re Injured by a Drunk Driver Who Has No Car Insurance in Texas?
- I Was Injured While Riding As A Passenger On A Bus, Who Can I Sue?
- Can You Seek Compensation If Your Accident Was Caused By a Tire Blowout?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?