If you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident in Round Rock and you believe a negligent party caused the accident, you may be able to hold them liable. An injury can happen to anyone, anywhere. Most people do not know who they would turn to if they were seriously injured or disabled in an accident.
We invite you to call us. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has been the legal advocate of choice for many injured and disabled people. Our personal injury lawyers will work hard to help you recover damages, including but not limited to medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. While you worry about recuperating, we handle your entire case.
Why You Should Consult a Lawyer After an Injury or Accident
You do not have to be an expert to know that insurance companies are usually reluctant to pay a claim. In our experience, some insurance companies regularly deny or negate claims with the hope that the victim will either give up or accept an inadequate settlement.
We do not want you to face this maltreatment from an insurance company. We are aware of the tactics they use to devalue claims and downplay injuries, and we will take care of all communication with them. A personal injury lawyer serving Round Rock with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC helps you recover the damages you deserve. The ways we work for you include:
- Dealing with the insurance company so you can focus on resting and recovering
- Securing the evidence and facts we need to support your claim
- Taking your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith
- Making in-person appearances on your behalf
- Helping you recover damages
- Keeping you updated on your case
When you call for your free case evaluation, a compassionate team member will listen to the details of your case and inform you of how one of our lawyers can help.
We Help Clients in Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
We take on many different types of personal injury cases. In some cases, there is more than one liable party. It can benefit you to connect with a lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Attempting to seek recovery on your own is a daunting task for many people. You should not have to worry about navigating the claims process and/or filing a lawsuit on your own. We’ve got you covered.
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of civil tort law in Texas. We will protect your rights and seek recovery in a variety of practice areas, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Bus accidents
- Defective parts or repairs
- Sexual abuse, violence, and harassment cases
- Construction accidents
- Whiplash injuries
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
We are often able to obtain financial recovery without going to court. We understand this is a difficult time; let us advocate for you and fight for the best possible outcome.
How We Prove Liability in a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawyer serving Round Rock will evaluate your case to decide who bears the primary responsibility for your injuries and damages. In Texas, it is possible for you to pursue financial recovery even if you played a minor role in the accident.
For certain situations, our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC could identify multiple liable parties. This is possible because the law recognizes relationships and responsibilities between the defendant and other entities:
- Direct liability refers to the person or entity responsible for your injuries.
- Vicarious liability is a person or entity with a relevant relationship to the defendant.
A personal injury lawyer works for you and will stand up to defendants, insurance companies, or the defendant’s lawyers to protect your rights.
Our Lawyers Use Evidence to Pursue Recovery
The core argument for any personal injury case is that the defendant’s negligence caused the plaintiff’s suffering and expenses. A personal injury attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will consider the circumstances of your case based upon four factors:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care to take reasonable measures and avoid causing harm.
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some manner.
- This breach resulted in the accident and caused the plaintiff’s injury.
- The plaintiff has damages from these physical and/or emotional injuries.
Some of the materials that our legal team uses to help prove liability and get you the financial recovery you deserve include:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Analysis of your injuries and how they affect your economic, physical, and emotional future
- Physical evidence such as a damaged car or broken floor tiles
- Photos or videos of your injuries and the scene of the accident
- Surveillance/traffic camera footage that recorded the accident if possible
- Prior incidents, complaints, or violations involving the defendant
Your personal injury lawyer serving Round Rock will also want to get a detailed statement from you about what happened just before, during, and after the accident.
It is imperative that you seek medical attention after your accident. You want to be able to establish a link between the accident and your injuries. If you wait to see a doctor, an insurance company may argue that your injuries came from a different accident in an attempt to not pay you. To get started on seeking potential recovery, reach out to us. We offer free, no-risk, no-obligation case evaluations.
Common Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Our personal injury lawyers have helped clients recover damages through settlements or verdicts. Each case is different. Some clients suffer mild injuries, while others need extensive lifelong care.
Some of the damages that are typically recovered in a personal injury case include:
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Temporary/permanent disability
- Physical/emotional therapy
- Mental anguish
Please keep all your receipts and bills as proof of your damages.
Connect With a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Round Rock
Under Texas law, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. It may seem like there is no rush to get started on your case, but it takes a while to build a strong defense. A lawyer with our firm needs time to collect all necessary evidence and speak with witnesses about what they saw.
You can talk to a member of our firm today about possible financial recovery from the liable party. The sooner we get to work, the better. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do When You Slip and Fall in A Store in Texas?
- What If a Family Member Is Too Seriously Injured to Contact a Lawyer?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My UCLA Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?