An injury can happen to anyone, anywhere. Most people do not know who they would turn to if they were seriously injured or disabled in an accident. There were over 14,000 serious injury crashes alone in 2017 in Texas, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
We invite you to call us. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has been the legal advocate of choice for many injured and disabled people. Our personal injury lawyers will work hard to help you recover damages including but not limited to medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
For your free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Why You Should Consult a Lawyer After an Injury or Accident
You do not have to be an expert to know that insurance companies are usually reluctant to pay a claim. In our experience, some insurance companies regularly deny or negate claims with the hope that the victim will either give up or accept an inadequate settlement.
A personal injury lawyer serving Round Rock with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC helps you recover the damages you deserve:
- We deal with the insurance company so you can focus on resting and recovering.
- We secure the evidence and facts we need to support your claim.
- We can take your case to trial if the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith.
- We help you recover damages.
- We keep you updated on your case.
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today: (713) 850-8600.
We Help Clients in Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
A personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages from the responsible party. Sometimes there is more than one liable party. That is why it is best for you to contact a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Attempting to seek recovery on your own is a daunting task for many people.
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of civil tort law in Texas. We will protect your rights and seek recovery in a variety of practice areas, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Bus accidents
- Defective parts or repairs
- Sexual abuse, violence, and harassment cases
- Construction accidents
- Whiplash injuries
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
We are often able to obtain financial recovery without going to court. To find out how our personal injury lawyers may help you and your family, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
How We Prove Liability in a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawyer serving Round Rock will evaluate your case to decide who bears the primary responsibility for your injuries and damages. In Texas, it is possible for you to pursue financial recovery even if you played a minor role in the accident.
For certain situations, our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC could identify multiple liable parties. This is possible because the law recognizes relationships and responsibilities between the defendant and other entities:
- Direct liability refers to the person or entity responsible for your injuries.
- Vicarious liability is a person or entity with a relevant relationship to the defendant.
A personal injury lawyer works for you and will stand up to defendants, insurance companies, or the defendant’s lawyers to protect your rights.
Our Lawyers Use Evidence to Pursue Recovery
The core argument for any personal injury case is that the defendant’s negligence caused the plaintiff’s suffering and expenses. A personal injury attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will consider the circumstances of your case based upon four factors:
- The defendant owed the plaintiff a duty of care to take reasonable measures and avoid causing harm.
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some manner.
- This breach resulted in the accident and caused the plaintiff’s injury.
- The plaintiff has damages from these physical and/or emotional injuries.
Some of the materials that our legal team uses to help prove liability and get you the financial recovery you deserve include:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Analysis of your injuries and how they affect your economic, physical, and emotional future
- Physical evidence such as a damaged car or broken floor tiles
- Photos or videos
- Prior incidents, complaints, or violations involving the defendant
Your personal injury lawyer serving Round Rock will also want to get a detailed statement from you about what happened just before, during, and after the accident.
To get started on seeking potential recovery, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Common Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Our personal injury lawyers have helped clients recover damages through settlements or verdicts. Each case is different. Some clients suffer mild injuries, while others need extensive lifelong care.
Some of the damages that are typically recovered in a personal injury case include:
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
Please keep all your receipts and bills as proof of your damages.
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Round Rock
Under Texas Civil Code § Sec. 16.001 you only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
We strongly recommend that you talk to a member of our firm today about possible financial recovery from the liable party.
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- Can You Recover Money for Lost Earnings After a Car Accident?